IGNORED

Another Reason I Like Sierra Designs

OlGeezer

I'm on my 2nd Sierra Designs tent. I've had it for a while. In fact, they don't make my tent any more. On my last campout, I noticed I lost a strap that connects my rain fly door to a stake which forms the vestibule. Not a critical part, but one that makes the tent more functional.

So I called Sierra Designs and explained my problem. The customer service rep, Phil, asked me to take a picture of the strap connected to the rain fly (the tent has/had 2) and to send him measurements of the strap to him. I did as he asked. In my e-mail, I said it would be really cool if I could get the strap by Thursday because I was going camping this weekend.

I got an e-mail from Phil this afternoon telling me that they made a strap for me and he was sending it out via Fed Ex Priority mail. He said I should have it tomorrow morning.

He also said there would be no charge for the strap.

That's why I have a Sierra Designs tent.

Further proof that motorcycle forums cost:

Been considering a new tent and saw this thread and did some surfing. Found a Sierra Designs Zia 2 for about half the retail price with free shipping at Backcountry.com. Free shipping, too! $119 for a great tent with gear loft and footprint.

Shoulda told him you had the strap and lost the tent...

:P

nice outcome, great customer service.

Hey! They have replaced a tent for me. They are an amazing company.

Found a Sierra Designs Zia 2 for about half the retail price with free shipping at Backcountry.com. Free shipping, too! $119 for a great tent with gear loft and footprint.

IN!

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Pat

Haha, yup ya did! :grin: BTW, it showed up earlier today and I set it up in the living room just to get familiar with it. Seems like a nice tent! :thumbsup:

Pat

Archived