IGNORED

Etta James is singing in my head....

Malthound

Somewhere around 1998, it was love at first sight. The first R1100RT I ever laid eyes on, seafoam green and impeccably sculpted, convinced me that someday I would own one. Fast forward almost 15 years and that day has finally come. At Last. After much advice and counsel from this fine group, Caddis most notably, I found a 2004 RT with 9300 miles and in pristine condition. It'll have to be shipped cross-country, so the waiting begins and will be further frustrated by a 'usually on the road' work schedule and a wet winter here in my temporary home-base of Northern Nevada. Nevertheless, I am a BMW owner. This is gonna be fun.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Somewhere around 1998, it was love at first sight. The first R1100RT I ever laid eyes on, seafoam green and impeccably sculpted, convinced me that someday I would own one.

That sounds exactly like my story - except I went out and bought one six months later, just a few weeks after starting my first job. :grin:

Welcome to the fold; brace yourself for years of happy moto-marriage.

Congrats.

First BMW a '68.

In '72 fell in love with the magazine ads featuring a gold

R 75 toaster tank.

Put pic up on fridge door and saw it every day for many months.

About 6 months later I came across the bike, ( the bike)

from the ads.

Serendipity!

Wish I had kept it.

:dopeslap:

Very cool. Congrats.

However, you do know that ANY self respecting BMW would RIDE it cross country...rain or shine, sleet or snow.

So you just opened up your first door for some serious teasing. Don't let us catch you at a Starbucks either...

Heh, If I had the time, that would definitely be on the agenda. Sadly, with the work schedule it's just not in the cards anytime soon. This way I can be riding MUCH sooner. Although it looks like I have a coffee habit to break....maybe next year.

Archived