IGNORED

Pricing on new GS is out...

Roadwolf

• 2 weeks later...

How often do you see a BASE model with NO extra equipment on it actually on a BMW dealer floor?

Not saying it has never happened, or that you could not order one that way...but they do not often come that way.

Local pricing is 15650€.

Comfort package (heated grips, TPM, handguards) is 610€.

Active package (Enduro ASC, LED running lights and cruise control) is 910€.

Dynamic package (Active plus ESA and on board computer) is 2410€.

Spoke wheels are 385€.

Fully loaded is about the same price as a similarly equipped GS-A in 90th edition paint scheme (370€ premium...).

Waiting for the various accessories (cases etc) pricing.

If I would get a 2013 GS waterhead, I would get it basic + standard package which includes heated grips, cruise control, bag mounts. At $16.600 + $495 freight $17.095 it's a good deal and I don't need the rest of the gimmicks. Too bad my GS times are over.

If I would get a 2013 GS waterhead, I would get it basic + standard package which includes heated grips, cruise control, bag mounts. At $16.600 + $495 freight $17.095 it's a good deal and I don't need the rest of the gimmicks. Too bad my GS times are over.

Sir, it's not over until the fat lady sings. ;)

Paul, your GS days are not truely over, we all get to live vicariously through your experiences shared for us here on BMW spor touring....that means something to us...well me anyway.

Hey guys, my R1200GS days may be over but my Yamaha Majesty days are just starting. Got it in October and put over 4.000 miles on it. I look more forward than backward... but thanks for the nice comments.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, I saw the new GSW on the floor of the dealership today, about 17k, w/cruise and heated grips, and nifty one knob to raise and lower the wind screen on the fly. 125 hp.

• 1 month later...

I went to all four of the (semi) local dealers. The cheapest one on the floor was $19,897 before making us pay to buy it (the call it delivery). When I asked one of the dealers what the base price was, his comment was that he had NEVER seen a base model and doubted one had ever been imported into the country. I asked if I could order one, and was told no, because if I decided to give up my deposit and not buy it, he would be stuck with it. Basically, you take what he wants to sell you and thank him for even selling you one. So, if anyone finds a base model, please let me know. I really do want one for adventure touring and don't want all the added weight of the dealer determined "best GS for me"....

I thought BMW dealers aren't supposed to charge for delivery or is that assembly? It's supposed to be included. May be I am wrong. I am sure Tallman could chime in.

GOAZ has one that was sort of a base model, no esa etc. It was still over 17K, almost 18K.

Now that this bike is out, when would it be appropriate to start a coolant mixture thread?

Might as well start the inevitable ... :rofl:

Now that this bike is out, when would it be appropriate to start a coolant mixture thread?

Might as well start the inevitable ... :rofl:

Or even an oil thread now that the clutch and transmission share the engine oil. Any final drive issues?

Archived