IGNORED

Canceling the 4-way flasher

Kiku

Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you guys are able to cancel 4-way flasher by "Cancel" button on 2005 R12RTs? A friend of mine just returned from a 600-mile(1000km here)service tells me that the "Cancel" button now works to cancel 4-way flasher. Since my 2005 requires to press down a red button with double-lined triangle, I would assume the dealer updated the firmware on his 12RT. If this is contorlled by the BMW DIS, I'd like to bring my RT in this weekend for software update/change even if it costs me a bit.... confused.gif

Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you guys are able to cancel 4-way flasher by "Cancel" button on 2005 R12RTs? A friend of mine just returned from a 600-mile(1000km here)service tells me that the "Cancel" button now works to cancel 4-way flasher. Since my 2005 requires to press down a red button with double-lined triangle, I would assume the dealer updated the firmware on his 12RT. If this is contorlled by the BMW DIS, I'd like to bring my RT in this weekend for software update/change even if it costs me a bit.... confused.gif

On the '06, the red button is history. Hence, the new way to cancel the flashers. Same on the '06 GS. It's your 'secret' way to tell the difference between the '05 and '06 models!

On the '06, the red button is history. Hence, the new way to cancel the flashers. Same on the '06 GS. It's your 'secret' way to tell the difference between the '05 and '06 models!

Thanks. Sorry I didn't make it clear enough... We (my friend and me )both have mid 05 models. (April to May producitons according to VIN#) There is a red button on each machines, and the cancel button behaved the same before the recent 600-mile service

We took deliveries in the mid Octomber of last year, and those machines are identical except for colors and Audio option he took.

Archived