IGNORED

Highway pegs on zTechnik engine guards

Deek

I have a zTechnik stainless steel engine guard coming this week.

I think I read somewhere, but cannot find now, the tube diameter is 7/8th and 1 inch. Not sure which tubes though. I want to attach highway pegs to the guards to allow me to stretch occasionally, otherwise I get leg cramps. Anyone have these bars and can verify the tube diameter? And anyone using highway pegs on them? I think the most difficult mounting issue will be to get them mounted at the correct angle for my feet. So I'm looking for pegs that allow some flexibility in the angle once installed.

Thanks.

malcolmblalock

I have the same engine guards on my 09 RT and have installed the Ilium Works highway pegs. Pricey pegs, but it's a good combination.

Deek, the Illium highway pegs will fit on the zTechnik's bottom bar if the peg is a 1" mount.

I have that exact setup and couldn't be more pleased. The Illium's are a little pricey but you get what you pay for, and you will never regret their quality. Also, once deployed outward, the peg rotates forward/backward for comfort. Neat! I installed my pegs so they angle up a bit when deployed so there is no leg-strain to keep your feet planted. That should eliminate any leg cramps for you.

Enjoy the quality from both items!

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Further.

Those pegs are susceptible to ball detent contamination causing the peg to stick. So, keep them clean. It is a bit of a tolerance issue.

From time to time, they've had difficulties getting the molded foot pads as well so don't be surprised if there is a delay.

"Those pegs are susceptible to ball detent contamination causing the peg to stick. So, keep them clean. It is a bit of a tolerance issue. "

I too had this problem. You can source the 1" clamp and most any Kuryakyn male mount highway pegs from someone like Cruiser Custom for under a hundred bucks per pair and you don't have to worry about 'em getting stuck open/closed.

Bill

Archived