IGNORED

seats

jetratt

I like the comfort of my Corbin, but the seat pans they use are nothing like the stock pans. The mounting hardware seems a bit crude, making installation of the seats on the RT a bit complicated. It's probably better to go with an aftermarket seat that uses the stock seat pans.

GW

I've had 2 different Corbins on 2 different 1100RT's and never had a problem with either. I also have a Sargent that is a good seat. If you can do a ride in at Russell that would be the best option.

Bonbon came with a standard seat and a Corbin. She now has a Sargent low on her. I prefer the Corbin, but it is just too high for me; hence the Sargent. Almost all my friends prefer the Russell if they can stand it's looks,and height, with the two Mayers next.

I had Rocky Mayer build my seat on my 03RT. Did a ride-in appointment...approx 3.5 hours later I had a quality and comfortable saddle for both the wife and I.

regards

You're in San Diego, right? Do a ride-in appointment at Bill Mayer Saddles in Ojai. You'll get a great seat customized to your very own personal preference without any shipping delays (e.g., it's not quite right, ship it back for changes, get it shipped to you again, repeat until perfect or you've spent the value of the seat on shipping).

I've got BMS saddles on both my bikes. Custom for me via ride-in on my V-Strom, and one that came with the bike on my RT. I like 'em both, but I suspect the one on the RT was set up for someone whose weight differs from mine.

You're in San Diego, right? Do a ride-in appointment at Bill Mayer Saddles in Ojai. You'll get a great seat customized to your very own personal preference without any shipping delays (e.g., it's not quite right, ship it back for changes, get it shipped to you again, repeat until perfect or you've spent the value of the seat on shipping).

I can attest to this process. It is the best way to do it. Great experience.

Thanks for the inputs. I will give BMS a call. I have relatives in Ventura that just got bikes....Harleys. I could go up there and show them what they are missing and get a new seat thumbsup.gif

I've got both Corbin and a Rick Meyer seats here at my house. I am planning to sell the Corbin, as it isn't the right seat for me, but you're more than welcome to try them both out. PM me if you're interested.

(Or show up tomorrow at the First fRIDEday run, and I'll swap seats with you for part of the ride - I've got the RM seat on the RT right now...)

G.

Edit: Oops! Didn't read your post closely, and missed that you've got a 12RT, instead of an 1150. Sorry...

Archived