IGNORED

Super Bowl and Sandy Hook

Skywagon

I think it's past time to pull back on the special treatment of the survivors or they'll really be scarred for life from all the attention.

------

Somewhat agree with Quinn, but I think their lives were changed forever by simply attending the school. I do understand the over-attention syndrome, and agree they shouldn't get special treatment overall, but.....ya gotta have a place in your heart for those kids. A great performance, nevertheless.

I think it's past time to pull back on the special treatment of the survivors or they'll really be scarred for life from all the attention.

------

PLEASE tell me that was tongue-in-cheek. :(

------

Yep. Time to start healing and stop ripping the band aid off every 4 minutes or so.

------

Uhh, no it's not. I feel odd having to explain it, but here goes. Have six or seven of your friends pick out one guy who's not there and for the next month or so ask him how he's feeling everytime one of you sees him. After the constant barrage of "are you feeling okay?" " Is everything alright?" "Are you sure you're okay?" See if he doesn't feel sick and want more and more attention.

If a kid is having problems, deal with him or her. But don't keep lumping them all together and making it a contest to see who can get the most attention.

I see no positive outcome from making this tragedy the defining event in those kids' life.

------

------

Uhh, no it's not. I feel odd having to explain it, but here goes. Have six or seven of your friends pick out one guy who's not there and for the next month or so ask him how he's feeling everytime one of you sees him. After the constant barrage of "are you feeling okay?" " Is everything alright?" "Are you sure you're okay?" See if he doesn't feel sick and want more and more attention.

If a kid is having problems, deal with him or her. But don't keep lumping them all together and making it a contest to see who can get the most attention.

I see no positive outcome from making this tragedy the defining event in those kids' life.

------

Quinn, agree with you 100%

Amen!

Many children lost family and friends to the ultimate violence in WWII. They just had to grieve and get on with their lives which, back then, included violence from the skies and/or from invading troops.

------

------

Ah, from that perspective I get what you're saying.

Archived