IGNORED

Fuel Leak Strikes Again

PZP

R1200RT: Wonderful... have been dealing with annual fuel strip failures, fuel pump control module failures (even had one of the "new" modules fail), and now I have cracks around the quick disconnect.

NHTSA has begun an investigation into these leaks. Wonder how long it will take to complete, and if BMW has to do a recall how long that will take.

Gonna try the JB Weld and Beemer Bone Yard collar thing for now.

Afternoon PZP

Contact your dealer first before trying a home repair. Some of the more customer conscious dealers are doing warranty repair on those failing fuel pump assemblies.

Ooops, wish you had posted that just a little sooner... just ordered the collar from the Beemer Bone Yard. Didnt know any dealers were trying to help.

Afternoon PZP

Try your dealer even though you bought the collar.

You can always re-sell that collar on this site's classifieds.

Afternoon PZP

Actually from what I have seen the design is changed & the new part has a crimped on metal collar (hat) to reinforce the area that is cracking.

If the dealer wont cover it and you are going to do the repair ,Make sure you coat the female and the male treads with JB Weld,,Screw it in as tight as you can by hand ( don't wipe of excess ) then tighten clamp,,Let set for 24 hours,,,

PZP, you might not know, it was 10ovr who designed the reinforcing ring and makes them for beemerboneyard.

Good to know if I need one. :)

I don't think he'll sell you one. I would think he has a exclusive agreement with beemerboneyard.

PZP, you might not know, it was 10ovr who designed the reinforcing ring and makes them for beemerboneyard.

Good to know if I need one. :)

I don't think he'll sell you one. I would think he has a exclusive agreement with beemerboneyard.

I live down the block from him... :) It was a joke.

Archived