IGNORED

Is it just me?

OlGeezer

I gave myself a pair of Santiago boots for Christmas. Now, I have trouble shifting. I had a similar problem with my KLR and DS boots. I had to get another shift lever for it (longer). Am I going to have to do the same for the GSA?

You just need to figure out the new feeling and then practice that.

I do not know about your 1200 GSA, but I know on my RT there is an adjustment on the shifter. Then there is 2 positions on the pivot mount for the shift arm. I found I liked mine in the lower setting.

I think the problem starts with any boot named after a city in Chile... ;)

Just a little jab at my Chilean wife.

I gave myself a pair of Santiago boots for Christmas. Now, I have trouble shifting. I had a similar problem with my KLR and DS boots. I had to get another shift lever for it (longer). Am I going to have to do the same for the GSA?

Gear shift lever "toe" is adjustable....longer/shorter. Worked for me.

Gear shift lever "toe" is adjustable....longer/shorter. Worked for me.

I did not notice a longer/shorter adjustment. I will check that out. Thanks!

I do not know about your 1200 GSA, but I know on my RT there is an adjustment on the shifter. Then there is 2 positions on the pivot mount for the shift arm. I found I liked mine in the lower setting.

The problem with an up/down adjustment is that it usually bites you somewhere else, like trying to downshift while standing up. That might be my last resort, however. Thanks for the reply.

Not as easy as on the RT, but the position can be adjusted. Look for the threaded arm connecting to the tranny itself. The locking clip’s a rotate and lift out affair, but once you figure it out it’s easy. (Look on the parts diagram for clarity.)

I think most times I’ve switch boot brands I’ve ended up tweaking mine a bit.

Not as easy as on the RT, but the position can be adjusted. Look for the threaded arm connecting to the tranny itself. The locking clip’s a rotate and lift out affair, but once you figure it out it’s easy. (Look on the parts diagram for clarity.)

I think most times I’ve switch boot brands I’ve ended up tweaking mine a bit.

Rotating it up or down usually causes a problem somewhere else. I think I found the solution. Has anyone tried one of these?

Well there you go Geez. And that is ALOT cheaper than new boots...especially since you already popped on some high dollar new boots.

You still need to ride over the hill and visit...;)

• 2 months later...
AdventurePoser

Yes, it's just you. :clap:

Yes, it's just you. :clap:

I was waiting for someone to say that!

:grin:

Update: I've gotten used to my Santiago boots!

:thumbsup:

Archived