IGNORED

Alaska Trip Planning Resource

drswift

In preparing for our trip this June to Alaska, I bought a copy of "The Adventurous Motorcyclist's Guide to Alaska."

Link to Amazon Books

This an exceptional resource, printed in 2012, ideal for planning, and a wonderful read even if you are only thinking about traveling to Alaska. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Phil Freeman, the author, probably knows as much about riding in Alaska as anyone. I'm glad to see he has put it on paper so we can all share his knowledge of the area.

Dave, I have to apologize to you and Janet... You wanted to get together in October... I am afraid any spare time I had (and didn't have)in October, November & early December, I spent with my Brother Tom in NY. Since then I have been playing catch-up at work.

Hope we can get together before you head North... But my best advise is... don't do to much planning. About 90% of my seven months of planning was for my life, that I was stepping away from and leaving for five months. As far as I'm concerned, little planning = GREAT ADVENTURES... with child like awareness.... AND that HIGH cannot be compared with anything you might miss ( that memorial, building, or what ever you find in a book that you think you have to see).

What Jacqueline said, and do not take everyone's advise. Almost got arrest at the border for trying to take in pepper spray in Cananda. All the horry stories on the LT shaft going bad which burned a hole in my head with worries. The trip was trouble free to and from Florida. Just enjoy!!!! And have a blast!!!!

Archived