IGNORED

Umm... is the Gun Lock going to be removed?

Roadwolf

Just start another if your like. It was a lockdown of that thread, which has too many references to politicians. Let's see how we do this time around, with a clean slate.

Well, the local response here is to consider putting unarmed security in all elementary schools. Those for it say that it will allow them to effectively lock down the schools in that it will create a one entry portal that all visitors will have to go through. Opposed feel that this toothless TSA approach will acomplish nothing.

-----

Joe Frickin' Friday
Well, the local response here is to consider putting unarmed security in all elementary schools. Those for it say that it will allow them to effectively lock down the schools in that it will create a one entry portal that all visitors will have to go through. Opposed feel that this toothless TSA approach will acomplish nothing.

This isn't a gun thread; it's a gun thread thread. You need to look for a gun thread (or start one).

Keeping them in a safe makes gun locks redundant.

Gun threads?

I like somewhere between a 1:9 to 1:12 twist...

This is the thread about gun threads, right?

th-XL.jpg

Even talk about such a crocheted artefact could lead to a kindergartener's expulsion from school and a record for terroristic threats. I won't even hazard a guess if the gun cozy constitutes concealed carry. Linky

with this "thread" are we reopening the gun control thread?

if yes read on... if not don't read text below.

Let me get on the soap box... I have been holding the urge to post it...

First... the media/TV sickens me!

Example: yesterday...school college shooting in Texas. Watching the live coverage on TV.

news personals question to onsite reporter: "Do you what kind of gun was used? was it an assault riffle?"

instead of asking: are the students ok? shooter contained?

it make me sick.

BTW, it was gang related... as it was said in the news.

an other story..Texas.. Police lieutenant shots his own kids wife and kills him self.

jan 21 , Austin TX. husband shots wife's boyfriend at work...

and so on...

with the US population at 313 mil. and " In 1995 there were an estimated 200 million guns in private hands"

no rules or changes will make shootings of each other GONE or even lessened.

"Cause and effect" one crazy goes on rampage and kills school age kids.... and millions of other normal citizens get effected by bans.

effects: now NY state firearm owners have 1 year to sell their "newly restricted firearms and accessories(magazines)" to other people outside NY states.

Effect: gun and related business profit! BIG time. Visited wallmart hunting dept .. all shelves of ammo are completely empty except a few oddball caliber.

Effect: street gangs that make financial profit by trafficking drugs and weapons will be more profitable.

Joe Frickin' Friday
I'd seen one of his other videos, the one about static electricity. He has a good delivery.

Have you seen

:rofl:

Hahahaa.... good one,

in the slow-mo... you can actually see the cap swelling up and lifting off the circuit board :) but the flasher worked for about 4 seconds.

Joe Frickin' Friday

th-XL.jpg

Do they make those for semiautos?

Sure, they just have a little knitted bag off to the side to catch all the ejected brass. :grin:

Not so, Kathy.

I would refer you to The Manly Man Manual, Chapter 11, Article 15, sub section 11.3.8.3.2.6 "Fabric Joinery".

To be brief, a Manly Man may own and operate a sewing machine, engage in knitting, and most other forms of constructive Fabric Joinery. Embroidery and Needle Point are prohibited.

The late Rosie Greer was a fine knitter, and I have my own sewing machine (purchased after I nearly ruined my wife's), a 1963 PFAFF 360 (yeas, a German machine).

One will also find positive discussions relating to sewing here: http://artofmanliness.com/

I sew my own gun socks, using "Smith and Wesson blue" fabric.

So there.

Tom

Not so, Kathy.

I would refer you to The Manly Man Manual, Chapter 11, Article 15, sub section 11.3.8.3.2.6 "Fabric Joinery".

To be brief, a Manly Man may own and operate a sewing machine, engage in knitting, and most other forms of constructive Fabric Joinery. Embroidery and Needle Point are prohibited.

The late Rosie Greer was a fine knitter, and I have my own sewing machine (purchased after I nearly ruined my wife's), a 1963 PFAFF 360 (yeas, a German machine).

One will also find positive discussions relating to sewing here: http://artofmanliness.com/

I sew my own gun socks, using "Smith and Wesson blue" fabric.

So there.

Tom

Actually, Rosie Grier was involved in macrame and needlepoint, not knitting.

From Wikipedia:

"Grier is known for his serious pursuit of hobbies not traditionally associated with men such as macrame and needlepoint. He has authored several books, including Rosey Grier's Needlepoint for Men in 1973. Grier became an ordained Christian minister in 1983 and travels as an inspirational speaker. He founded American Neighborhood Enterprises, a nonprofit organization that serves inner city youth."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosey_Grier

...Actually, Rosie Grier was involved in macrame and needlepoint, not knitting...

I am aghast at this revelation; how could I have been so duped?

Still in all, given his other history perhaps the MMM needs revision, permitting non-constructive Fabric Joinery if sufficient other manly accomplishments have been achieved. I don't think I can come out in support of out-right non-constructive Fabric Joinery without there being conditions, though.

Tom

p.s. Thank you for correcting my misspelling of Mr. Grier's name, yet not pointing it out, and further for not pointing out that he is not dead.

p.s. Thank you for correcting my misspelling of Mr. Grier's name, yet not pointing it out, and further for not pointing out that he is not de[/b]ad.[/i]

That's OK. I just looked again, and we both misspelled his first name. It's Rosey, not Rosie.

Hmmm, yeah, Rosie would be a gal, huh?

Even tough he's 80, I'd better steer clear of him, what with all the mistakes I've made about his name, his hobby, and being dead.

He's still a pretty big guy...

Tom

Man card? We don't need no stinking man cards!

I own a sewing machine: I made a bivy sack with it. And I have knitted my own hat: It was camo green.

I also have your more usual manly-man pursuits, I assure you. For instance, I only check my tire pressure with my Tire Buddy

th-XL.jpg

...and of course not to let sleeping dogs lie there are those who go beyond a mere cosy for their handgun. There are those who take things to a new level and delve into Yarn Bombing

At the risk of having my 'man card' taken away and being accused of being combative I still contend that the gun cozy is an example of a crochet single loop as opposed to a typical double loop knit. I hope that we get a definitive and credible answer before this thread gets locked. :rofl:

Manly Man self perception

i-tPDnQKQ-L.jpg

Reality

i-g963w6t-XL.jpg

Kathy, that is great. Everyone here at work is wondering what is so funny that tears are rolling down my cheeks as I am laughing so hard!

So now I'm waiting for a "Show me your Knitting" thread.

All I can do are rectangles; long and skinney are scarves and long and wide are Afgans. Knitting is good finger chewing gum.

Offensive joke: Why do women knit? It gives them something to think about while their talking.

-----

World's larget knit sculpture, visible from orbit.

356urtjuyghjmh.jpg

Like BMW owners, knitters tend to be older and attracting young participants is difficult.

Apparently new medical school budget cuts have led to combining anatomy class and surgery yielding a new approach to learning and application of the sklills.

3456ewrytjhg.jpg

If someone is injured by Ken's gun these guys are the ones to call...

...I still contend that the gun cozy is an example of a crochet single loop as opposed to a typical double loop knit..

Rocer-

I don't wish to be combative either, but have to wonder if that is not an example or a purl stitch rather than the usual knitted stitch.

With that, I'm off to strop my razor...

Tom

...I still contend that the gun cozy is an example of a crochet single loop as opposed to a typical double loop knit..

Rocer-

I don't wish to be combative either, but have to wonder if that is not an example or a purl stitch rather than the usual knitted stitch.

With that, I'm off to strop my razor...

Tom

Oh yeah, right! Admit it ... you're only going to use that razor to get rid of fabric pills from your favorite slacks!

Umm, no, we have that covered...

A buddy and I were out in the desert a couple of weeks ago, shooting guns, cooking stuff in a Dutch oven, peeing on bushes, sipping Gentleman Jack and acting like men, when the topic of shaving with a straight came up.

I had to fully admit that I'd probably cut my head off if I tried to do it...

Tom

In this thread I found the following words: "crocheted" "knitted" "cozy" "sewing machine" "Fabric Joinery" "embroidery" "needle point" "macrame" "purl stitch" . All this in a gun thread! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But I find the width of expertise in bmwsporttouring.com amazing!

Well, let's add wild-catting to the mix.

This is a cartridge I'm developing from cut-down .30-30 brass, necked up to .44, using the Lyman 429421 bullet. It should be a real bear-stopper when I'm done. Of course, I will have to make a reverse banana clip for it, but with a 10 round limit that won't be a problem.

I'm gonna call it the .44-30 Knitro Express...

8412972188_c2815475eb_c.jpg

With that, I think I've gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Tom

World's larget knit sculpture, visible from orbit.

356urtjuyghjmh.jpg

If I didn't own a motorcycle and a sailboat, I would have to ask why would anyone do that. :rofl:

Cover story is a group took 5 years to complete it.

I think some guy got tired of moving his rabbit ears to get reception...

Archived