IGNORED

New BMW 1150RT owner

Jagman

Hello from NE Missouri. New to BMW's but not to riding. Was at the Sedalia Rally this year and completely got the BUG. Just had to have an 1150RT.... so now I do (2002). It has plenty of miles so it is well broken in for me. I'm the 2nd owner so I've got a good handle on previous maintenance. Already been introduced to the expensive brake fluid change!!!!

Rode to Alaska in '11 (on a Road Star) with my buddy on his 1100 GS which didn't hiccup even once.... mighty impressed with bike. He just bought an '08 GSA which is going to be very sweet for him.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.... looks like a great forum.

Welcome, Jagman. So, now that you have the RT, and apparently your friend has a leftover 1100GS in his garage, what's your next move? They say once you've seen Alaska, you want to see it again. And if one BMW is good, two is better. :grin:

As for the cost of maintenance, check around on the board. I'll bet you can find a lot of helpful information on how to do that Brake Flush yourself the next time, along with a lot of other maintenance help.

And since you're only 790 miles away (a nice one-day ride on your RT), be sure to check out the forum on this year's Unrally in North Carolina. It'd be a perfect place to meet dozens and dozens of new friends and to learn a ton about your bike and how to take care of it.

Welcome on board!

I think I recall meeting you at the Sedalia UN.

Congratulations on the bike. We could tell you how to that Brake Flush for the cost of 2 small cans of DOT 4... just ask.

Thanks guys. I certainly will consult with you about my next brake flush. The folks at Gateway BMW did a great job so I'll be OK for a while.

Let me take a look at that Unrally in NC. Sounds interesting. And my next move will be to get a KLR650. A group of us very novice trail riders are going to Colorado this summer to ride some of the Gold mine roads. All have KLR's, except me, so I'll be getting one so I'll have some experienced maintenance guys with me. HOWEVER, I've been thinking about what I'd want when I decide to trade my 1150RT in. Maybe a 1200RT????? Or a GS??? Too many choices... or maybe BOTH!!!!

Thanks guys. I certainly will consult with you about my next brake flush. The folks at Gateway BMW did a great job so I'll be OK for a while.

Let me take a look at that Unrally in NC. Sounds interesting. And my next move will be to get a KLR650. A group of us very novice trail riders are going to Colorado this summer to ride some of the Gold mine roads. All have KLR's, except me, so I'll be getting one so I'll have some experienced maintenance guys with me. HOWEVER, I've been thinking about what I'd want when I decide to trade my 1150RT in. Maybe a 1200RT????? Or a GS??? Too many choices... or maybe BOTH!!!!

So, how long have you been single?

-----

Why wait till summer? You are even closer to Helen in April and sure are welcome to spend some time with us there.

Welcome to the site.

Terry

Terry, that may actually work out to go to the Helen Back Rally.... I'd been thinking of going to Birmingham, Al to see the Barber Motorcycle Museum and maybe I could head over that way either after that or before. Good idea.... thanks.

Welcome on board!

I think I recall meeting you at the Sedalia UN.

Congratulations on the bike. We could tell you how to that Brake Flush for the cost of 2 small cans of DOT 4... just ask.

Thanks hopz.... I certainly may have met you at Sedalia. I met so many there... had a great time. The friendliness of the event was one of the reasons I gravitated to the BMW. I probably won't make it to the West Coast rally... but will certainly try to make next years wherever it is.

Thanks again for your welcome.

Archived