IGNORED

1200RT temp tank mount for gerbing dual controller

rottyjohn

Hello All,

Thought I would share a discription and picture of my final solution of mounting my Gerbing dual controller. I wanted a temp mount on my gas tank without gluing anything to the bike. I never had much luck with using a belt holder. What i came up with was to use a heavy duty cell phone holder. Mounted it through the lower holes of the tank bag mount with a velco mounting strap also folded the cover backwards and tucked behind tank mount under the strap. Addded 2 wide elastic staps below to hold cables in place. Very stable setup I am happy with its performance. I am able to see leds easily and adjustment of contols a snap even with gloves on another issue for me with the belt holster mount. My controller is wired directly to the battery. So my only challenge with this setup is to not leave switches on or disconnect power wire each time? I currently have it tucked under seat completely out of view and not accessable without lifting seat.

PS not sure if I posted the picture correctly? Trying to imbed it in message? Preview still shows it as a hyperlink?

controllermount_zps5d36fe73.png.html?&_suid=1358520662250031691212987250983

Hello All,

Thought I would share a discription and picture of my final solution of mounting my Gerbing dual controller. I wanted a temp mount on my gas tank without gluing anything to the bike. I never had much luck with using a belt holder. What i came up with was to use a heavy duty cell phone holder. Mounted it through the lower holes of the tank bag mount with a velco mounting strap also folded the cover backwards and tucked behind tank mount under the strap. Addded 2 wide elastic staps below to hold cables in place. Very stable setup I am happy with its performance. I am able to see leds easily and adjustment of contols a snap even with gloves on another issue for me with the belt holster mount. My controller is wired directly to the battery. So my only challenge with this setup is to not leave switches on or disconnect power wire each time? I currently have it tucked under seat completely out of view and not accessable without lifting seat.

PS not sure if I posted the picture correctly? Trying to imbed it in message? Preview still shows it as a hyperlink?

controllermount_zps5d36fe73.png.html?&_suid=1358520662250031691212987250983

On the right of the picture on the photobucket site is a box with various links to copy. You want the IMG code link, just past that straight into your post:

controllermount_zps5d36fe73.png

Andy

Andy.. Looks like he did!

(you can see his link is the IMG code!?)

No, that's the link to the page from where I got the IMG link. Any picture link _must_ end in .jpg or .gif or .png for the software to work.

/hijack

Andy

Yep... I see that now... I didn't look closely at the "truncated" IMG link.

So.. RJ, When you take the IMG code from Photobucket (under your pics in your library,etc) if you actually just "left click" on the [img} under the picture it automatically "copies" for you (and you will see "COPIED"...)

It is odd/different in that it doesn't work like the "standard" Windows copy.

/end_of_hijack ;-)

Archived