IGNORED

SE Comfort Food Finders February Lunch

Kinsley

After Valentines Day, spend some time with your 2nd love. :thumbsup:

It's time to announce the February SE Comfort Food Finders lunch, so Bernie and I want to invite all who wish to join us for a winter lunch at 12:00 on February 23rd at:

Crossroads Cafe

113 South Main Street

Swainsboro, GA 30401

478-237-8008

GPS Coordinates: N32 35.828, W82 20.039

We haven't been there, but we hear good things, so let's try it out.

IN

Terry

Terry, are sure about this? I mean, have you looked at the mileage?

You'll have to get up before 10:30 :wave:

Ken, I have been meaning to talk to you and Bernie about that. The lunches are creeping further and further away.

I am working on a solution to keep you guys straight though. I am drawing a line with Basecamp from Atlanta to Jacksonville factoring in the western Florida group, adding in Tenn. with Alan and the South Carolina riders, dividing it in half, doing some geometry and trig. resulting in a line along the east/west corridor of middle Georgia and having ya'll stick to that radius. Oh wait, we already did that with Yoders, 12 miles from the house. :rofl:

Hopefully with enough stops to stretch I should make it the 98 miles to Crossroads.

The concerns of a friend are very much appreciated and in my case always welcome. The things I do to break bread with you guys.

Be well.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...
Lone_RT_rider
Bump Bump. :wave:

Route planned.

Still considering this... :)

I hope you can make it. A good size ride maybe helpful.

The doctor has me cleared for riding on Feb 18th. I will do some riding to work that week before hand. That will really determine how I feel and if I can do this.

Bump Bump. :wave:

Route planned.

Bernie, I'll be there if US Air gets me back on time on the 22nd. Looking forward to another "Bernie "blast up there.

Lone_RT_rider
I may be able to make this one, if mother nature cooperates!

You dont have ski ourriggers to get that GS down off the mountain? :grin::rofl: I thought the GS could do EVERYTHING. ;)

You dont have ski ourriggers to get that GS down off the mountain? :grin::rofl: I thought the GS could do EVERYTHING. ;)

The GS can, it is Alan who has doubts!

Lone_RT_rider

The GS can, it is Alan who has doubts!

He should be experienced at it by now. I've seen his boots....there ARE skiis! :)

I have gone off the mountain and found black ice half way down. I did two consecutive S turns on 2 wheels and my humans ski feet. That was NOT fun! Plus my butt was clinched so tight I didn't crap for a week!

Alan

I have gone off the mountain and found black ice half way down. I did two consecutive S turns on 2 wheels and my humans ski feet. That was NOT fun! Plus my butt was clinched so tight I didn't crap for a week!

Alan

Sounds like you need to park the bike on the bottom of the hill and take the snowmobile up and down.

By the way more fiber in your diet may help the other problem. ;)

I just realized that this event is a week later than I thought. Unfortunately, I will be involved in my last customer move that weekend. That sucks, but I'll catch you guys at the next one.

Bernie and Ken, looks like I'm in! Yeah!!

Bernie, where and when doe you want to meet up? Folkston?

Folkston sounds good, MickyDee's OK?

7:15-7:30 AM?

Bernie, the weather is always good in Florida. Just answered your PM David and would enjoy the company. Ken has been kidding me regarding the long and lonely distance so I could use the help.

Ya'll be safe, looking forward to it.

Terry

Bernie, the weather is always good in Florida. Just answered your PM David and would enjoy the company. Ken has been kidding me regarding the long and lonely distance so I could use the help.

Ya'll be safe, looking forward to it.

Terry

Terry, I see you now appreciate the challenge before you. :clap:

Looks like two days of potential rain has made a wimp outta me. I'm begging out barring a total break down of the forecast and outbreak of sun. I will try to make the next one.

Alan

It's a long way for you in less than perfect conditions unless you're trying out some new rain gear :wave:

We'll probably do one more lunch in March, then look forward to seeing everyone in the mountains until next October when we start looking for more Comfort Food.

HA HA weather forecast changed from 70% both days to 40% friday and 10% on Saturday here. Lets see how much it changes in the next few days.

Alan

Perry is down to 49 degrees and 70% chance of rain, Swainsboro down to 51 and 70%...

Did I see where you guys went to Yoders? Can't believe I missed that. That's probably 25 miles from me. My own fault - I had gotten to where I kept up with several STers on Facebook and seldom went to ST. I think I'll re-engage on ST...

David

You and I are blessed to be in the middle of these guys traveling from FL., TN., SC., NC., Atlanta, etc. Yoder's two years in a row, Hawkinsville, Dublin twice, Eastman, etc. Cannot ask for a better group.

Terry

Don't worry Hutch, it is a annual thing, this winter riding in the south.

See you Saturday.

PS: if the event is too close to home, you can always detour north or south a little and take the long way, because it is all about the ride, lunch is secondary. :thumbsup:

Lone_RT_rider

I've been hoping that I would be on the mend and be able to make this. I have ridden and feel comfortable riding, but long term vibration may not be good for me for a while. I think as much as I am itching to ride, I am going to have to lean towards the cautious side and bow out of this.

I really, really want to go... :(

Have fun everyone. If there is an event in March, I will try to make it.

Shawn

It looks like it would have been a very wet trip anyway Shawn.

If it's looking like a 60% chance or more I may not go myself, but we will plan a March Lunch to end the season. March 9th is looking good for me at the moment.

Weather liar dot com is estimating 80% chance of rain from Perry (I75) to Swainsboro, flood watch in effect, up to 7" expected. You guys really want to do this?

Weather liar dot com is estimating 80% chance of rain from Perry (I75) to Swainsboro, flood watch in effect, up to 7" expected. You guys really want to do this?

Yes, they have changed our plans before with the fear mongering predictions to get higher ratings. You can bet, if we call it off it will be a glorious day :P

I will make the call tomorrow sometime after checking several weather predictions.

Rain or shine, I will need something to eat for lunch.

So you guys better show up, or I be sitting there by myself, hopefully not with a bunch of hog riders. :rofl:

Rain or shine, I will need something to eat for lunch.

So you guys better show up, or I be sitting there by myself, hopefully not with a bunch of hog riders. :rofl:

I'm posting messages on Hardley Boards in your behalf...something about them all looking like The Village People :rofl:

Archived