IGNORED

Official UN XII Thread

Kinsley

If you have any questions about or problems with the registration process (rather than the UN itself) please email me at bobp@fremontriver.com

EDIT...

IMPORTANT - this is not the address to send manual Paypal payments to! If you do they will register you for the Capitol Reef Classic - get yer bike out and start pedaling!

FYI, many NC mountain towns celebrate the 4th of July the weekend before and the normal weekend rates at the hotel will be $179 for a Double Queen, but our rate is $149 for the weekend days.

FYI, many NC mountain towns celebrate the 4th of July the weekend before and the normal weekend rates at the hotel will be $179 for a Double Queen, but our rate is $149 for the weekend days.

Forgive me Ken for editing, but I didn't want folks to think the $149 or the $179 applied to the dates of the UN; Tues thru Friday morning. The price does fly up on the weekends there, but it is understandable.

You did a real nice job negotiating us a great rate - THANKS KEN!

I'm IN for Monday with checkout Friday morning. It's great to know it's in June and we shouldn't have any horrid heat to deal with this year. WhooHoo!

Love the graphic.

Is anyone planning on camping?

I will be there early as I'm going to the RA rally at the Biltmore.

Julian Price Park's campground doesn't have hot water or showers unless things have changed in the last five years. It shouldn't be too hard to find someone at the motel to let you borrow theirs however.

------

If you have any questions about or problems with the registration process (rather than the UN itself) please email me at bobp@fremontriver.com

IMPORTANT - this is not the address to send manual Paypal payments to! If you do they will register you for the Capitol Reef Classic - get yer bike out and start pedaling!

If for some reason you need to send a manual payment please contact me first, I will give you the address and watch for it to update the DB by hand to show that you have paid.

If you mess up registration without paying just go ahead and register again, then let me know so that I can delete the first registration entry. (That Tom Smith guy registers multiply for lots of events I do!)

Barbie and I are IN. We are camping at the Julian Price National Park on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Space A 25, LOOP A, on the lake.

If any of you are over 65, get your lifetime Parks pass and get 1/2 off camping there.

IN!!! Registration and reservation made. Arrive Wednesday, leave Friday.

Good there is a Hel-en Back between now and then. That way the wait is not THAT bad!

Mrs. RightSpin and I are in. We will be arriving on Monday and leaving Friday. We're both excited to be seeing everyone again.

LeighAnderson

Bettie & I are registered. But I'm a little confused on dates. Should we be arriving on Tuesday or Monday? Anything going on Tuesday prior to evening that we should be there for? Also, do most people depart Friday morning?

Good there is a Hel-en Back between now and then. That way the wait is not THAT bad!

FWIW: For those who have previously attended a Rubber Chicken Rendezvous (RCR), up to this year scheduled for June, we are postponing RCR5 and holding it later in the summer. Details coming soon.

Bettie & I are registered. But I'm a little confused on dates. Should we be arriving on Tuesday or Monday? Anything going on Tuesday prior to evening that we should be there for? Also, do most people depart Friday morning?

Most peeps arrive after hotel check in time on Tuesday and depart on Friday morning.

The purpose of the Tue - Fri morning format is to allow folks to start their travel after work the Friday or Saturday before the UN. And it allows them the following Friday and over that weekend to get back home.

If you don't have so far to travel you may just find yourself arriving early and hanging out late :)

After attending many bmwst gatherings over the years many folks have built friendships and 2.5 days together is just not enough, if one has the time to hang around longer. And besides, the roads are always a draw and it's hard to ride them just once.

If you see someone you suspect is there for the UN walk up and introduce yourself. You won't find a friendlier group. Nobody is a stranger at an UN.

Room reserved. Arrive Tuesday leave Friday. See you at the bar Roger. :wave:

That may be a chore, didn't see one at he hotel. :P

I took a look on line and see the following within easy walking distance:

Blowing Rock Grille and Bert's Bar

LeighAnderson

If you see someone you suspect is there for the UN walk up and introduce yourself. You won't find a friendlier group. Nobody is a stranger at an UN

Thanks, that answers the questions. I was at Salida last year and the friendliness of the group is why we're planning to go to this UN and Torrey in September.

Actually, they may open a bar especially for us.

If not, there are a few within an easy walk's distance.

Most peeps arrive after hotel check in time on Tuesday and depart on Friday morning.

The purpose of the Tue - Fri morning format is to allow folks to start their travel after work the Friday or Saturday before the UN. And it allows them the following Friday and over that weekend to get back home.

If you don't have so far to travel you may just find yourself arriving early and hanging out late :)

After attending many bmwst gatherings over the years many folks have built friendships and 2.5 days together is just not enough, if one has the time to hang around longer. And besides, the roads are always a draw and it's hard to ride them just once.

If you see someone you suspect is there for the UN walk up and introduce yourself. You won't find a friendlier group. Nobody is a stranger at an UN.

I took a look on line and see the following within easy walking distance:

Blowing Rock Grille and Bert's Bar

I will list several gathering spots in the town as the date gets closer.

I dunno, Roger can ride to one, not sure if he can manage the walking to one... :P

:wave:

At least it isn't a dry county apparently.

:lurk:

I dunno, Roger can ride to one, not sure if he can manage the walking to one... :P

:wave:

At least it isn't a dry county apparently.

:lurk:

Last year in Salida I had to walk 1/2 mile up hill both ways to get a beer. :grin: this place sounds easy.

Last year in Salida I had to walk 1/2 mile up hill both ways to get a beer. :grin: this place sounds easy.

Actually, all of the bars will be uphill from the hotel, so we can just roll you back to your room :rofl:

Just signed up. We were planning to take another trip back east this year, so planning around these dates will let us see some new territory and a few old friend's again. We will leave the Rally and then visit Nashville and Memphis on the way home. All new to us. Need some Memphis BBQ and music!

IN, but going it solo again this year.

Thanks to Ken for volunteering to run this event ... and to Bob for setting up the webpage.

Thank you Ken for organizing this year's UN! I'll be arriving on Monday night and departing on Friday morning - let me know if I can help you with anything.

IN, but going it solo again this year.

It will be nice to see and ride with you again, however, its really Terri we all look forward to seeing! :grin:

My wife and I are IN. If anybody is coming up from south of Atlanta, and needs a place to stay on the way to Blowing Rock, PM me. We have a paved driveway (a luxury in the mountains), an enclosed garage, basic hand tools, a clothes dryer (no washer), a futon for 2, and an upstairs guest room. Riders Hill (service, tires, gear) is 7 miles away, and Parabellum Windshields is about 3 miles away.

We plan to leave Tuesday morning from Dahlonega to Franklin, NC, then Blue Ridge Parkway most of the way to Blowing Rock, about 250 miles (assuming no road closures).

I had a great time at the Little Switzerland event. I'm going to try and make this one.

May take the RV up and spend a few more days up there...

AdventurePoser
The registration Website is up, thanks to Killer.

REGISTER HERE.....(click the link below)

UN Rally XII Registration

i-7t2XLDq-X3.png

Hah! Very late coming to this thread, but just wanted to say I love Blowing Rock NC, and remember having a conversation with several members here about what a great riding area it is. I sure hope to see you all here.

Steve

Registered and reservations made for a Mon night arrival - straight from RA at The Biltmore - looking forward to some tough rally duty..

Paul (R1200RT or K1200GT) and Becky (R1100S) from Wilmington

Archived