IGNORED

BMW City Case Repair

GearedForACure

GearedForACure

I am new to this board and new to BMW touring. For those of you who are wondering, I used to ride an R65, then a Honda Shadow. I just purchased my first touring bike this last weekend. It is a 99 R1100RTP.

While trying to figure out how to get into the right side case (bmw system city cases) I managed to pull half of it open without unlatching it. The sound it made was good evidence that I had done some damage. Once I found the latch release, I opened the case to find that I had broken one of the latches on the lid side clean off.

Does anyone no of a way that I could repair this plastic, do I need a new case, or can I just buy the lid. Im afraid my explorative yank on the lid just cost me another $250.

I have been watching this community for awhile, I am very glad to join. I have already benefeited greatly from using the faq section.

Somebody please help me, thanks.

Depending on what you broke you can probably get by with a new lid from Bob's BMW or check the classifieds section here to see if anyone has got a set of lids you can buy from them.

Jim

Ryan,

I sent you a private message, I think that I can assist you in your problem.

To access this message, you will have a letter flashing near "logout" click on it to open.

Hi there and welcome,

We've had great luck repairing and even making plastic parts with the Plastex repair kit found at this link. Good repairing and enjoy the site. smile.gif

I did a repair job using ABS black pipe glue... be carefull and it is like new. Real good weld. The black glue matches the black case lid.

Archived