IGNORED

Go To HeleN Back...2013

Kinsley

Wouldn't miss it. OK, so I've missed one or two :-). I'm somewhere over Oklahoma at the moment, but will call for a reservation when I land. Cheers!

Lone_RT_rider
Wouldn't miss it. OK, so I've missed one or two :-). I'm somewhere over Oklahoma at the moment, but will call for a reservation when I land. Cheers!

Lets just hope this time we can stay away from the sand traps in the road. :) I look forward to seeing you my friend.

Shawn

But it might be fun checking out the rebound damping... :)

Being a single man, I would be happy to run that road test. :thumbsup:

Is this the "Ride and Event Planning" Forum? :grin:

Joe Frickin' Friday
In!

Now looking for scenic route suggestions from Indianapolis (or Cincinnati) to Helen.

Easy. Take the fastest route to Tellico Plains, TN, and then from there things get fun. If you have time to kill, then from Tellico Plains you might take a detour to the east up the Cherohala Skyway. There was a slide recently, and the prediction is that it may not be fully open before HelenBack - but you might find that parts of the skyway are open, so maybe you could do an out-and-back thing from Tellico Plains.

From Tellico, your route looks like this. Or at least mine does. I guess I wouldn't regard this route as "scenic," in that there aren't a lot of grand vistas worthy of a panoramic camera - but it makes for great riding. Hope you like twisties. :grin:

Joe Frickin' Friday
Oh man, your going to ride that section of 68 without me? ...... :cry::P

It's actually the route my GPS told me to take into Helen last spring, so yeah. But it doesn't mean we can't do it three days in a row after I get there. :grin:

(I'll hit it again on Sunday morning, too...:grin:)

Maybe we should meet Mitch for lunch in Telico Plains.

Maybe for afternoon tea, but not unless you've already had first breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, and luncheon. I'll be leaving Ann Arbor at 7:30 AM, so I won't hit Tellico Plains until maybe 4 in the afternoon. I'll be in Helen in time for dinner, though. :thumbsup: (Shawn sez "yeah, whatever...")

Lone_RT_rider
I'll be in Helen in time for dinner, though. :thumbsup: (Shawn sez "yeah, whatever...")

I'm not leaving work until 4 that afternoon and I bet I beat you to Helen. :D

• 2 weeks later...
StretchMark

Time to look into hotel reservations. Looks like we can get up their Friday evening. Hopefully at least a couple folks will be awake after 9pm.

Time to look into hotel reservations. Looks like we can get up their Friday evening. Hopefully at least a couple folks will be awake after 9pm.

it will be good to see you!

After that long days ride up you will probably to tired anyway.

YAY!! This is the best news I've heard all week!

Sorry Mark, I go to bed at 1730. :rofl:

Be good to see you two again. :wave:

An update:

The hotel will be releasing some of the rooms they have on hold for our group in the next few days, so if you have not made a reservation you might want to do that. That is not to say rooms will not be available closer to the event at our rates, but they will not be held for us.

Also, the Cherohala Skyway IS open and will remain so. It's down to one lane in an area that has to have road repairs.

I'll be building routes, which will be much like last year's routes with some possible minor changes.

Ken

Joe Frickin' Friday
Also, the Cherohala Skyway IS open and will remain so. It's down to one lane in an area that has to have road repairs.

:clap:

I'm new to the forum and will be attending with my wife, and have made a reservation arriving Thursday and departing Sunday. We are riding a Kaw ZZR 1200. My brother Matt is on the forum, from Jacksonville also.

I'm new to the forum and will be attending with my wife, and have made a reservation arriving Thursday and departing Sunday. We are riding a Kaw ZZR 1200. My brother Matt is on the forum, from Jacksonville also.

Were not so sure about your brother but you and your wife are certainly welcomed! :rofl:

Look forward to meeting you.

Were not so sure about your brother but you and your wife are certainly welcomed! :rofl:

Look forward to meeting you.

I have people watching you Bob.... If you happen to hear something that sounds like a flying lawnmower, it'll be too late unless we get another filibuster :rofl:

Hey Bro Dave!!

Lone_RT_rider
With the sequester, yer stuck with me.

IN!

A silver lining to some very dark clouds :clap:

Woooohooooo! And.... I have something special for the event too... for me that is. ;)

IMG_20130314_173448-XL.jpg

IN!

I think I have space available if you want to split the room.

IN!

Yes INDEED!!! :wave:

IN!

Woooohooooo! And.... I have something special for the event too... for me that is. ;)

IMG_20130314_173448-XL.jpg

You got a pamplet! and stickers too I bet! Mine must have been a rush job and they left all the goodies out :dopeslap:

IN!

Yes INDEED!!! :wave:

Clampett reunion... Woo Hoo!!

Archived