IGNORED

Oil Pressure Warning Strange Behavior

roundy

The other day I started the RT (2006) and after a second or two the red triangle was flashing with the oil can icon on the dash. Eventually after a few restarts it went. Then later on that afternoon after I stopped at a service area it came back on. Weird thing was if I rev'd the bike the icon and the light would behave in a strange way, stopped flashing and stayed on and then as soon as I bought the revs down it flashed like normal again. It also went off momentarily a few times. Came on again this morning but after about 1/4 mile down the road it went out and stayed out for the whole ride.

I am thinking I may have a bad pressure switch...?

You didn't mention, but I'm assuming you verified (sight glass) the level is okay? I bet the switch is bad....hopefully nothing more expensive.....that's probably bad enough!

Luckily the switch is only about £12...been talking to some techies on UKGSer and that's the first thing to try.

Nothing wrong with oil level, flow is good as it drains after 30 secs and temp is ok. Oil is a bit over due but I'll change that when I do the sensor.

I bet it is that sensor. That's good news. However, is that something you can do yourself? In the states labor is about $80 per hour....probably worse in the UK?

Archived