IGNORED

How I got USB Power for My Bluetooth Devices to the Handlebars

Aussiegazza

I rode from Canberra to Brisbane and back over Xmas (12 hours each way) and it was a breeze with GPS, cruise control and bluetooth radio.

I felt that the battery life on the Sena SM10 (about 4-5 hours) was a bit short, so I have wired in a USB power supply for it and any other USB devices.

I bought this USB power here and wired it into my aftermarket fuse box under the seat and ran a standard USB extension cable to the handlebars.

I also bought a suitable USB cable to connect to my SM10 from another Chinese Ebay shop. The SM10 has a waterproof USB connection, so I had to trim the plastic around the adaptor down a bit to get it to fit. See here.

A very cheap and easy way to get USB power at the handlebars!

I felt that the battery life on the Sena SM10 (about 4-5 hours) was a bit short, so I have wired in a USB power supply for it and any other USB devices.

Have you done all of the firmware updates to your SMH10? Mine lasts at least 10 hours before it shows low battery. I usually have to recharge my bluetooth transmitter before I recharge the SMH10. I use one of these to charge the transmitter, iPhone and helmet on the go. It plugs into the cigarette light that I installed on the dash.

Camhead in STL

I can strongly recommend this one from Princess Auto at $6.99 and no two-piece to find a home for, this works great. I mounted mine on the "wall" above the glove box, but I would probably opt for just under the leading lip of the fairing by the steering head next time.

My SMH10 does last for 10 hours. The SM10 (bluetooth transmitter) does not last as long.

The Sena site shows the talk time for the SM10 at eight hours. Maybe there is a problem with yours. I use an Azeca BTT005 transmitter (it only transmits to one unit), but it will lasts for 8 hours.

Archived