IGNORED

seat jacks

jacko

I remember seeing a photo of seat jacks for the 1150rt, but I did a search and cant find it.

I want to try and make some.

Are they just a tapered wedge.

I would just buy some,but Im in Australia.

thanks regards Jacko

They're not a tapered wedge. Rather a flat spacer that raises the height of the whole front seat adjustment mechanism.

You can buy them pre-made as mentioned from CycleGadgets. Or make up some of your own from whatever you can work with. About 6 MM is a common thickness to start out experimenting with.

They are not tapered. They are 3/8 in. thick . Make them the same length and width as the part they go under. You may have to purchase longer bolts.

I made mine out of a piece of 3/8th plexiglas. Cut it one inch wide, trimmed it to length and drilled the holes. I got the longer screws ace hardware. 2 bucks and my time invested is all it cost.

Alan

Jacko, I was having all sorts of seat/comfort issues with my 2002 RT, so I payed $600.00 for a Corbin heated seat. The heated part was great, but the Corbin seat was even more uncomfortable than the stock seat. Next, I bought the Cyclegadegets seat jacks for 29 bucks. They cured my problem by tipping the front of the seat up, without changing the overall heigth of the seat. The seat jacks made a significant improvement in comfort and I no longer slide forward into the tank when braking. They were well worth the 29 bucks, as well being adjustable. They come with all the hardware and are a no brainer to install. <<<<Softtail>>>>> thumbsup.gif

Softtail: You said that the cyclegadgets seat jacks are adjustable? Does that mean that you can choose to raise the front of the seat only say 3/16" or so? From what I understand, if you raise the front of the seat 3/8", like most people do, then you can only use the seat in the hightest adjustment setting. I only have a 30" inseam,and can flatfoot bike in lowest seat position, so I was wondering about this. Thanks.

Londoncallin
You said that the cyclegadgets seat jacks are adjustable? Does that mean that you can choose to raise the front of the seat only say 3/16" or so? From what I understand, if you raise the front of the seat 3/8", like most people do, then you can only use the seat in the hightest adjustment setting. I only have a 30" inseam,and can flatfoot bike in lowest seat position, so I was wondering about this. Thanks.

Alternatively you can pull the seat rubber bumpers and trim down the plastic mounting pegs 3/8" then take the same amount off the open end of the rubbers. Gives an even lower seat height for the vertically challenged, levels the seat and keeps the adjustability stock. A 15 minute fix for free.

Thanks Guys

For all the replys

I have sent a email to cycle gadgets,

Will see what they have to say about sending me some.

Regards Jacko

Archived