IGNORED

Aftermarket exhaust systems

matchless

Does anyone have any thoughts about aftermarket exhaust systems for the 1150 RT and also a 2004 Bover Cup Replica???

Remus?? Statune?? Thoughts?? Comments???

Thanks

Does anyone have any thoughts about aftermarket exhaust systems for the 1150 RT and also a 2004 Bover Cup Replica???

Remus?? Statune?? Thoughts?? Comments???

Thanks

Will you be asking about surging next, or oil level checking? smile.gifdopeslap.gif

plenty of info, debate, argument and rambling over this topic elsewhere.

but a short answer:

I ran Vanderlinde exhaust and chip on my R1100S - this improved the feel of the bike greatly and was a surprise to my local dealer as most exhausts theyd seen fitted to BMs made no difference. To me the pickup was improved, the bike was smoother and it sounded nice without being aftermarket Harley/Ducati loud. Laser plus chip would be another option I'd consider if I bought another R11S.

As for the RT, well if mine had a cat I'd probably look at fitting the staintune collector box (rather than a y-piece) but would probably leave it at that. The staintune silencer does look pretty nice though - I can't imagine you'd be getting much of a performance hike though.

PS which Matchless? A G3L and an AJS Model30 (sort of CSR-ised) were the only two that passed through my grubby mitts.

Thanks guys.

Ken, I've been a advocate for quiet bikes for 35 years. Dirt, race, street. Life memberships to AMA, etc. Involved with "Less Sound Equals More Ground" 30 years ago. I heard a Remus on an 1150 RT and it had a nice sound to it. W/O a db meter to verify 96 db or less, I won't buy any system tho.

I also have a Triumph Bonneville. Not RT quiet but nice to listen too. My other street bike is a Buell Ulysses.

Old Fart...I have a 1961 Matchless G80CS that has a Calif. plate on it.

Thanks for help

Dick

I've got a remus and powercommander on a 2004 Replica and love the way it sounds. It seems to have added some midrange to the bike and seems to have given it more legs on the top end too.

I'm about to do the VFR exhaust conversion on my RT. I don't want it to drown out the stereo, I just want to hear it running.

on my RT. I don't want it to drown out the stereo, I just want to hear it running.
If someone can't hear an RT running it's not because of the exhaust! All the clatter these things make! grin.gif

Archived