IGNORED

ABS Question 'just because I can'

dazzz

I really don't need this info right now but I'd just like to ask. My new G650GS has ABS. The manual says don't mess with bleeding or changing the fluid. I did my whizzy integral R1150RT, I figure I should be able to do this bike. How's this? What if I bleed as much fluid as possible. Then take is out and make the abs controller work a lot. Like on a gravel road. Then bleed the system again. Will this change out ALL the fluid? Or is there a more reasonable way? Thanks for the input!

Hello Kent:

Do you mean a BMW service dvd for the g650gs? If so, I already have that. The BMW service manual (digital) says guys like me should keep their hands off bleeding the brakes. It takes special BMW equipment and a BMW certified qualified special mechanic technicion to attempt such a thing.

That's why I want to know how to do it. I just want to know.

Well, I'll answer my own question in case anyone else wants to know. I got the answer elsewhere. Change the fluid as much as possible by bleeding. Could use speed bleeders. Go out and make the ABS work. This puts fresh fluid in the ABS unit. Come back and change the fluid again by bleeding. Some folks have been doing this yearly so that will be my program when I need to do it.

I really don't need this info right now but I'd just like to ask. My new G650GS has ABS. The manual says don't mess with bleeding or changing the fluid. I did my whizzy integral R1150RT, I figure I should be able to do this bike. How's this? What if I bleed as much fluid as possible. Then take is out and make the abs controller work a lot. Like on a gravel road. Then bleed the system again. Will this change out ALL the fluid? Or is there a more reasonable way? Thanks for the input!

Archived