IGNORED

Gerbings Heated Products

Jack Herbst

No.

I'm suggesting that if you go to a site for the first time, it takes you to the home page.

The About link there is easy enough to see and I for one would click it before joining and posting on that particular board.

But maybe some folks don't care about the who/why/past and just want to have an audience, who knows.

It isn't difficult to figure out why this board started and the evolution of it and why we're called MRN.

You are wrong, I didn't get to this forums via the home page (I'd guess many others are the same way), I got to the forums via a websearch and registered without ever going to the home page. I have still yet to venture outside of the forums as it doesn't interest me.(I'd bet I'm not alone).

It isn't about having an "audience" it is about getting to the knowledge. The users are the knowledge of this board, that's the location I want to read.

Nor is it surprising that old timers like Doc are still trying to assist the OP.

You're right, it is not surprising, that's what makes this board so good, people still try to help people.

If you don't like the rules leave the sandbox.

What are you talking about? What rules are you playing?

It is rather ironic that someone would come here to post about Gerbings, good or bad.

:rofl:

Perhaps ignorance is bliss...

:lurk:

Why, just because the owner of the board works there? This forum has been a source for riders views, experiences and product reviews for my short time here and it doesn't matter who works for whom when a rider reviews the products, experience or customer service. Nothing ironic about it.

Thanks for posting. I thought I'd missed something. I didn't. Has the OP powered his coat directly from the (a)battery? Might be nice to isolate the problem. Not to put FB on the spot, but his comment might be helpful at this stage. I have a Gerbings vest and find it to perform as billed.

Thank you Richard and Doc and all the rest for your support. These are also my points exactly. It is hard to know everyone and all their history everytime you post.

At least my full name, date of birth etc. are given in most of my profiles and I am not hiding behind some screen name or Icon. Perhaps if we all did this we would not have to tread on egg schells when posting with the intention of helping others from falling into similar pitfalls.

Thanks again for your support.

Jack

Joe Frickin' Friday
I had no idea that the owner of this board had a connection with Gerbing but you assume that every does because you do.

Actually I assumed everyone knew because Fernando's post made it abundantly clear:

Our acquisition by Prospect Brands, run under CEO Tom Nolan, is a fantastic move and our future is brighter than ever.

His leadership, and the financial support of our new investors means that we're going places that are going to amaze and astonish people.

As for Gerbing's past history, it is one of growth, and our business relationship with China was good, the products were good, Gerbing's cemented its #1 position with those products, and our reputation was, and is, stellar.

But the building of a new factory found us behind schedule.

Like I said, everything is moving forward at warp speed, but we still have a bit of rough road to get through

As for this:

You need to look for work or do something useful!

It's hard to believe I've been averaging 3.5 posts per day for the past 12+ years, but the numbers don't lie. (FWIW there are also people around here who have a far higher posts-per-day count than me, but haven't been around as long, so their running count isn't as high.) I've certainly engaged in my share of frivolity around here - I think the infamous "word association" threads from a few years back boosted my post count by one or two thousand :grin: - but I'd like to think that a fair portion of my entries on this site have been seen as entertaining, educational, or otherwise helpful by the folks around here. What can I say? I enjoy interacting with the people and participating in the conversation here, and I like sharing what I know.

As for the jacket, well that sucks. It never feels good to shell out that much money and feel like you've gotten zero value in return; I hope that you get satisfaction at some point in the near future.

For MT Wallet, yes I am hooked up directly to the battery with Gerbings supplied pigtail. I just recieved a replacement Jacket and another Controller. Have not tried it out yet and probably will not be able to untill after Christmas.

Both items are still labled "Made In China". I was hoping to get new made in the "USA" replacement items as that is their big new sales pitch. It must be left over stock. I have little confidence in the "Made In China" replacements due to my previous two experiances and some of those I ride with.

Jack

Richard,

When I use a web search it takes me to the home page.

Like Mitch pointed out, FB's post was pretty clear about association with the vendor.

Perhaps you have no interest in the history of the site.

Not a requirement.

It can be helpful and some boards I belong to require vetting to

become members.

I've only registered on one site w/out doing a background read.

YMMV

I'd like to see this thread take a rest - maybe updated with a positive outcome by the OP at some point. In any case, I'm delighted that Gerbings has taken bold steps on new product offerings by accepting the "Made in USA" challenge! :thumbsup:

I had no idea that the owner of this board had a connection with Gerbing but you assume that every does because you do.

Actually I assumed everyone knew because Fernando's post made it abundantly clear:

Our acquisition by Prospect Brands, run under CEO Tom Nolan, is a fantastic move and our future is brighter than ever.

His leadership, and the financial support of our new investors means that we're going places that are going to amaze and astonish people.

As for Gerbing's past history, it is one of growth, and our business relationship with China was good, the products were good, Gerbing's cemented its #1 position with those products, and our reputation was, and is, stellar.

But the building of a new factory found us behind schedule.

Like I said, everything is moving forward at warp speed, but we still have a bit of rough road to get through

As for this:

You need to look for work or do something useful!

It's hard to believe I've been averaging 3.5 posts per day for the past 12+ years, but the numbers don't lie. (FWIW there are also people around here who have a far higher posts-per-day count than me, but haven't been around as long, so their running count isn't as high.) I've certainly engaged in my share of frivolity around here - I think the infamous "word association" threads from a few years back boosted my post count by one or two thousand :grin: - but I'd like to think that a fair portion of my entries on this site have been seen as entertaining, educational, or otherwise helpful by the folks around here. What can I say? I enjoy interacting with the people and participating in the conversation here, and I like sharing what I know.

As for the jacket, well that sucks. It never feels good to shell out that much money and feel like you've gotten zero value in return; I hope that you get satisfaction at some point in the near future.

"Joe Fricken Friday"--no harm intended, it was meant in "jest" and not to be taken seriously. Most would see the humor, I am sorry that you did not.

Jack

Jack, I'm a big Made in U.S.A. guy if possible. I have the Gerbings vest made in china. It works fine. Sorry you've had such troubles but it puts me in mind of something Henry Ford II one said about lemons-"every once in a while...." I hope you are as vocal in telling us when the problem is solved as you've been venting. :)

I'd like to see this thread take a rest - maybe updated with a positive outcome by the OP at some point. In any case, I'm delighted that Gerbings has taken bold steps on new product offerings by accepting the "Made in USA" challenge! :thumbsup:

I too think this thread needs a rest. I just recieved replacements again but they are still "Made In China" labels on both the Controller and Jacket. I am grateful for the replacements finally but disappointed they were not "Made In The USA". After all that was the big push in sales. I am sure they sent left over stock. Will not be able to try these until after Christmas. This is the third Controller and second Jacket. I would have been more confident and pleased had they sent a "Made In The USA". I even sent an email requesting such, followed up with a phone message to which I got no reply. These were to BBreeding the new customer support guy in North Carolina. New CEO gave me his email and phone number.

Happy Holidays to all!

Jack

Wow. A seven page dog-pile on the new guy. Bet he didn't even know he was kicking a sacred cow.

Jack, I hope you get a good resolution, but don't think Gerbings is obligated to give you a made in USA to replace your made in Chine. After all the hassle you've apparently had, Gerbings should at least consider it.

You also might want to wait a few weeks before saying anything about Mother Teresa or the Marine Corp.

------

Wow. A seven page dog-pile on the new guy. Bet he didn't even know he was kicking a sacred cow.

Jack, I hope you get a good resolution, but don't think Gerbings is obligated to give you a made in USA to replace your made in Chine. After all the hassle you've apparently had, Gerbings should at least consider it.

You also might want to wait a few weeks before saying anything about Mother Teresa or the Marine Corp.

------

:rofl::rofl: This was a good one to read...

Glad there was resolution!

Richard,

When I use a web search it takes me to the home page.

Not when you search for a specific issue.....when you do that, it leads to multiple forum pages, not to this website homepage.

Such as. Notice how the search results will bring up the forums of BMWST and NOT the home page.

Now, maybe you already knew the name of BMWSportTouring and searched for that specifically, but most people will search for an answer to an issue and not an enthusiast forum. Give it a try, search for any BMW motorcycle issue and see how many times the BMWST homepage comes up compared to the forums pages.

------

I truely enjoyed this! Beleive I will heed your advice.

Jack

Paul In Australia

You Know, I really love living in Queensland Australia. No need to consider "heated gear" from anywhere.

Jack, hope you have a great Christmas and the bloody jacket works fine. You deserve it.

Everyone else. Merry Christmas and a really safe New year. I have loved this year on the forum . My only other comment is Effbee is a great bloke and shown great service too many including me. I assume that will continue.

The morale of this story is "Go easy the world is a complicated place and we all have to share"

All the best to everyone.

BTW 88deg F here tomorrow for Christmas day

Man, so typical. I honestly read this thread and I gotta say Mr. Herbst was piled on. His line about "Get a job,etc.." was OBVIOUSLY a joke and BAM, he was pounced on.. Then the little infighting, tit for tat, over what he should and shouldn't know about the ownership and Fernando's "interest" in the site as well as working for Gerbings. Crips, that was ridiculous.

What is this? Congress? (that is a JOKE, btw, some might call it sarcasm..) Sheez....

AdventurePoser
I also read he has 12,713 posts. More than anyone on any forum that I have ever been on! Not sure if thats good or bad.

Yeah, his post count is getting up there. Almost as high as mine. :grin:

Gee Mitch, another gratuitous post just to escalate your count.

Shameless...

I'm coming for you Bounce.

I'm almost right behind you guys...

You guys are pikers... from another forum I'm active on (I'm over 7K posts there..) but here is #1:

petec50c

Senior VR Member

AdventurePoser

I've had a couple of Gerbings products and both have worked quite well, but I remember when "operator error" got in the way...

I was heading to the Death Valley get together-stopped at "The Mad Greek" and had lunch with Gleno and other friends. Plugged the jacket in and it promptly stopped working.

In short, I nearly froze my butt off even though I had layers to wear. Turns out I simply plugged it in and the BMW could not power it. I learned a lesson! When I got back I had a Centech fuse block installed to bypass the BMWs CANBUS system.

Ride safely and warmly, everyone!

..and my 2 cents/endorsement.

I have the Gerbings gloves, Gerbings Jacket.. and the dual-controller. I have always wired direct to the battery, my pigtail comes up between the seat and left side of my tank junction. Always works just fine.

I'd like to see a Gerbings heated glove that is thinner and less bulky. I'd be on that like fat on a mother in law....

I find the Gerbing G3 glove much less bulky then a regular non-heated winter glove. I wear it even when I don't need the heating.

I'd like to see a Gerbings heated glove that is thinner and less bulky. I'd be on that like fat on a mother in law....

Mine are the G3, and I agree with Paul that they are less bulky than some cold weather gloves I've had, but they are still bulkier than I'd like.

AdventurePoser

Mine are the G3, and I agree with Paul that they are less bulky than some cold weather gloves I've had, but they are still bulkier than I'd like.

yes, I have the G3 as well. They are fine gloves, but I'd sure like thinner. Jeez, never satisfied, am I?? Haha

I sent one of my liners in (I have three) for repair and they send me a bill hat with it in the return box.... It says Gerbings Heated Clothing on it.. the heated liners work well, But the hat??? Heck, they forgot to wire it s, so I just use it for head decoration.

AdventurePoser
I sent one of my liners in (I have three) for repair and they send me a bill hat with it in the return box.... It says Gerbings Heated Clothing on it.. the heated liners work well, But the hat??? Heck, they forgot to wire it s, so I just use it for head decoration.

A special boxer design.

Directions are under the bill.

With that model place hat on exposed jug when you arrive, remove gear, put hat, now warm, on head, go buy someone a beer.

Warning, wearing causes a PTTR and makes roadside testing

problematic so remove before sobriety test.

I also read he has 12,713 posts. More than anyone on any forum that I have ever been on! Not sure if thats good or bad.

Yeah, his post count is getting up there. Almost as high as mine. :grin:

Gee Mitch, another gratuitous post just to escalate your count.

Shameless...

I'm coming for you Bounce.

I'm almost right behind you guys...

When my wife sees my post counts on the forums I hang on, she tells me to "get a life". But during the winter I can only ride the keyboard, not the bike or the sailboat.

BTW KBASA has over 11 K on the MOA forum and, IIRC, has over 58K on ADV forum!!!!! That's dedication. :rofl:

It is my guess that they've seen pictures of your uncovered head. :lurk:

:wave:

A special boxer design.

Directions are under the bill.

With that model place hat on exposed jug when you arrive, remove gear, put hat, now warm, on head, go buy someone a beer.

Warning, wearing causes a PTTR and makes roadside testing

problematic so remove before sobriety test.

Thanks Tim, gonna give that a try

Archived