IGNORED

UN Rally XII June 25th-28th 2013

Kinsley

Yo People, I am new to this forum but I am planning on picking up my first BMW in a few months (ex Honda/Yamaha guy). Looking to get a R1200RT and would love to make to trip south to this rally.

I've done Navy get-to-gethers but never a bike rally. Is there a cover charge, all tents, BYO food....etc. I don't even know what questions to ask.

Please bring me up to speed.

Thanks

Peter

FB responded to you, but left out the important stuff.

Bring cigars and alcohol, buy drinks all around.

The more you involve yourself the better the chances

you'll find someone(s) who ride in a similar manner.

Dress code requires hi viz at all times.

:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Terra and I will be in. Too much fun with the usual folks at Cedar Key means we can't miss trailering the GSA up to the NC area. She will take the truck, shop and tour the quaint towns whilst I ride with the BMWSTers. :clap:

A Registration Website will be coming soon.

:lurk:

Before you finished your popcorn :clap:

My popcorn is stale.

:lurk:

Danny, the page was posted within minutes of my reply....it's another thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I just realized that in the excitement of planning for a trip to Alaska, I registered for Un Rally XII, but never got round to making a hotel reservation. So, with a bum sidestand (which may or may not be fixed in the next week), an iffy weather forecast, and my birthday on June 25, I'm going to bail.

I assume the $45/person registration fee is unrefundable, but if anybody missed the registration deadline, please feel to give our slot to someone else. Lucky recipient can buy me a beer at some future event.

Selden was good to see you and Pam yesterday. Sorry to hear you will be missing the Un. W

e need to get together to see you Alaska pics.

Enjoy Alaska. And if you come across any state signs, as in "Welcome to ???" it would sure help if you could snatch a pic or two for our 50 state sign thread.

Have a great time.

Enjoy Alaska. And if you come across any state signs, as in "Welcome to ???" it would sure help if you could snatch a pic or two for our 50 state sign thread.

Have a great time.

Past tense; we got back on June 18.

P1080030.JPG

As close to a perfect trip as I have ever experienced, with 18 days of sunshine out of 20 days in Alaska/Yukon.

P1100002.JPG

Archived