A secret location for now, Blue Ridge is the key

It's north of Georgia, south of Virginia, and east of Tennessee

Bring your boxer, your K-bike, your single or twin

I'll provide some routes to get you lost...again

I'll be working on a logo for this UN you see

Provide a photo and an UN-likely star you may be

kinsley@insleyimages.com

Thank you Ken for stepping up! :clap::clap:

Those of us that have participated in the FART or HeleN-Back and enjoyed your many routes know that the 2013 UnRally will be a huge success! :thumbsup:

When you say lost AGAIN are you the one who sent me in that tunnel?

Hopefully in for the UN!

Hi Jean,

I'm one of several on this Board that have that unique talent, but I don't think I can lay claim to the famous tunnel incident, but I think I know who it might be if you were in WV :lurk:

If I'd read this first my question in the other thread would have been answered.

The fact that the dates abut the RA Rally in Asheville and that the locations will be close makes this an easy "two fer"....Over a week of play in the mountains for only 1 ride to get there....

LeighAnderson

If you want some help researching or planning and I can be of assistance, please involve me. I've not done it before but I have time and am willing to learn.

My wife and I are looking forward to the event.

Get your calendar planned, I'm giving you the dates

June 25th through 28th to come see your mates

kinsley@insleyimages.com

AdventurePoser

I don't usually like to ride long distances, but I'll try to be there. Plenty of time to be back in time for the BMWMOA International Rally in July, too.

kinsley@insleyimages.com

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! :clap:

The stars have aligned and with one trip I can do both the RA and the UN! :clap:

IN!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! :clap:

The stars have aligned and with one trip I can do both the RA and the UN! :clap:

IN!

Double thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing Joyce and you again. :thumbsup:

Are you going to the RA Rally as well?

AdventurePoser

kinsley@insleyimages.com

Ken, thanks for taking the time to put this together for all of us. We'll have all the fun, while you have the work. I want you to know I appreciate what you are planning.

It'll be a great ride to the Un, and then back for the International Rally in OR.

Ride safely,

Steve

time off is on the calendar, working on the "who I'll come up with" part of the equation now... kids, no kids, girlfriend, solo... Decisions, decisions...

I'm in though...

Well rats, this coincides with another rally in Ouray Colorado so I guess I'm out. :cry:

What??????

Are you going to be at the RA Rally?

How are we going to see each other if you are going to Ouray?????

:wave:

Well rats, this coincides with another rally in Ouray Colorado so I guess I'm out. :cry:

Can't imagine "another" rally could possible keep you away from a BMWST UnRAlly!

Yo People, I am new to this forum but I am planning on picking up my first BMW in a few months (ex Honda/Yamaha guy). Looking to get a R1200RT and would love to make to trip south to this rally.

I've done Navy get-to-gethers but never a bike rally. Is there a cover charge, all tents, BYO food....etc. I don't even know what questions to ask.

Please bring me up to speed.

Thanks

Peter

Tough to beat Ouray.

I will agree based on the 5 times I have been there. :grin:

But you gotta wonder with all of the desirable BMWST members at the UN, you would think that would be some kind of offset.

Just sayn...........................................

Yo People, I am new to this forum but I am planning on picking up my first BMW in a few months (ex Honda/Yamaha guy). Looking to get a R1200RT and would love to make to trip south to this rally.

I've done Navy get-to-gethers but never a bike rally. Is there a cover charge, all tents, BYO food....etc. I don't even know what questions to ask.

Please bring me up to speed.

Thanks

Peter

We call it the "Un"Rally because it's not an organized rally in the sense of their being set activities to attend. The hotel and location will soon be announced as will the registration process. If you want to camp, there are campgrounds in the area, but not necessarily next door to the hotel. Everyone just shows up. We meet and introduce ourselves, and make friends with people we only know by their internet screennames. We ride the local roads. The only organized event is a group dinner on the last day, just so we can all be in one room at the same time and enjoy a meal together. Then we go home.

It's simple and uncomplicated. There is a registration fee which will be announced, and it usually includes a T-shirt. Then there's the cost of that last meal (usually catered). That's it. You take care of your hotel bill and your other meals, and you just spend the day riding with new friends and the evenings telling lies about how awesome you rode. So yes, probably a lot like some of your old Navy get togethers. :grin:

Folks - The conversation about Ouray, on the same dates as the 2013 UN, now has it's own Thread in Ride and Event Planning HERE.

This will help keep folks from confusing the two.

The UN location in the East for 2013 is soon to be announced.

Folks - The conversation about Ouray, on the same dates as the 2013 UN, now has it's own Thread in Ride and Event Planning HERE.

This will help keep folks from confusing the two.

The UN location in the East for 2013 is soon to be announced.

Ya mean it is NOT going to be in NC? :grin:

Well, Im out. I got roped into being the local arrangements chair for my national society meeting held in Calgary June 21 to 25. Don't think I can make it to the east coast in 48 hrs.

Spring Torrey possible (if I get enough work done ahead of time).

Larry wants me to check out locations for the 2014 UnRally so will have to make a scouting trip of WA/ID/OR/MT in the summer.

Mike Cassidy

.....Larry wants me to check out locations for the 2014 UnRally so will have to make a scouting trip of WA/ID/OR/MT in the summer. Mike Cassidy

Here's my vote for ID or MT.

Lone_RT_rider
.....Larry wants me to check out locations for the 2014 UnRally so will have to make a scouting trip of WA/ID/OR/MT in the summer. Mike Cassidy

Here's my vote for ID or MT.

You know, I am so glad after my almost 12 years of being on this board/site that we have learned so much about keeping threads on track. :thumbsup:

Archived