IGNORED

Nolan104/Sena

Heyfrank

I was wondering if anybody hooked up the Sena blue tooth successfully on this helmet. The stick on might work because the clamps cant go on because of sun visor. Does the unit back of Sena go over the chin bar when down. That could be a problem. Thanks

Frank,

I've used the Sena clamps on both of my Nolan helmets (N103 and N43). In both cases I needed to trim a little bit of the flexible flap around the base of the helmet so the clamp would slide up enough to use. The unit itself clamps behind the chin bar on the stationary part of the helmet and the sun visor doesn't come into play at all. With the N103 (which I believe is at least externally the same as the N104) the microphone boom curves around and under the chin bar without issue. Hope that helps.

Thanks Albert. The exterior of the 104 is different than the 103. The sun visor drop on the 104 is at the bottom compared to the 103. The chin bar is also lower to possibly interfere with the mounting plate. I have the Sena on my 103 and reviews says the 104 is quieter than the 103, thus I can use a 28 db sound reduction ear plug instead of a 33 db to hear the sounds better on comm. unit. I really like the graphic on the nolan and the 103 is just to loud at certain speeds. :grin:

I have a Sena on my N104. I cut a slot in the trim piece around the bottom of the helmet for the clamp for the Sena to fit into. Need to watch to ensure you don't pinch the visor control cable. I'm not using the boom mic but one of the stick on mics on the chin bar. Works great! Much better than the Nolan system on my old N103.

Archived