IGNORED

You and your GS...

TEWKS

Oh, that's nice.

And here's another one illustrating proper GS riding form, and how to make your new bike look like you rode it all over the country, which I think he did. :grin:

139-L.jpg

Thanks for the pic Bill, I like it! :thumbsup: Oh listen, is that Carly Simon? :grin:

Forgot to mention, past owners & fleet owners are welcomed to post too. :Cool:

Pat

Very nice, thanks.

btw, this thread won't be complete until someone posts a picture of Danny stuck in the river with a bridge behind him. :rofl:

euromarty6.jpg

This was taken at the 101st airborne (Band of Brothers) monument in Belgium where they fought defending Bastonge.

euromarty4.jpg

I've had a number of GS's over the years but think this may be my favorite, at least equal to an '02 Adv, it's a 2001. For whatever reasons I lean more toward the 1150's than the 12's, they aren't as fast or handle as well, doesn't make sense... :)

395-L.jpg

518-L.jpg

Very nice, thanks.

btw, this thread won't be complete until someone posts a picture of Danny stuck in the river with a bridge behind him. :rofl:

Ask and ye shall receive!

262514082_aCbnb-M.jpg

Here's me on mine:

IMG_0126-L.jpg

Thanks, I looked thru hundreds of posts w/out finding the water shot.

I still remember a guy at the first El Paseo.

Showed up on a brand new LT (not even 600 mi service done)

and that night showed pics of it doing a crossing that very much resembled this pic except he didn't get stucken.

A sad situation for sure. :grin:

Thanks Matt, I lost all mine but there oughta be more where that one came from. :thumbsup:

The story goes. RichardD, Danny, and I were near the end of a day in the mountains and I wanted to show them Heintooga road, a fairly long two-track which I related ended with a fairly challenging river crossing. It was actually an underwater bridge and the first time I'd done it my pillion had to take off her boots, roll up her pants and wade across because it was about 2 feet of fast moving water plus a tree had fallen halfway across that needed moving. But that now they'd built a bridge negating most of the adventure. I may have forgotten to tell Danny they'd removed the underwater bridge, but it was fairly obvious : ) Richard and I crossed the bridge and wait on the other side, Danny, not so much. :grin:

Clearly it was going to be a moment to remember so I started clicking away. Richard was the good Samaritan and waded out to help him when he really got it stuck. Danny gets an A for adventure on that one.

Food for thought, how about a new thread, GS failed attempts. :eek:

`

Not exactly a GS but the closest thing on three wheels and I hope worthy of inclusion. Meet Carson, or "Car" for short and his G-waggin'.

078-L.jpg

Car and his "driver" scouting the area.

073-L.jpg

Car says Happy Holidays and always, Gear-Up. :)

079-L.jpg

After a great night's rest and a couple of excellent meals, it's time to go crash my bike in the sand on a bad road in the middle of nowhere. La vida es buena.

P2160741_zpsf0322713.jpg

Hey Jonathan, nice baja beach. Hope to see you next summer.

Kewl Marty, long time no see! Hopefully this time my house won't be so full. Sorry about last time. The Gelande Strasse Sofabed is only marginally better than camping without a sleeping pad.

Yeah, that beach in Baja is a nice place to be. Even more so since Alfonsina's is about 100 feet away and that's one of my favorite places to spend a night while out riding around.

Brief visit with Kathy R on the way to my Niece's wedding in Vermont.

280941-L.jpg

Torrey to San Antonio in 2011.

"I'm kinda tarred, I think I'll go home now"

IMG_0819-L.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived