IGNORED

autocom in tankbag

jimswms

I've got my autocom setup in my tankbag. It's a very sweet setup. My only concern is that of heat from it being inside the tankbag. I just got the autocom, so, don't have much time on it yet.

Should I be concerned? It's in the tankbag with all the wires zip tied together to keep it all contained.

Jim

John Bentall

Autocom are expecting some owners to mount their units into a tank bag, so I would not worry about the heat.

In fact Autocom Part 166 is a small magnetic tank bag for just this purpose. Magnetic not much use on our bikes of course!

Don't worry about your autocom being in the tankbag. I've had mine set up this way for a bit with no problems. I'm sure the others out there who have the same set up would agree.

lawnchairboy

see this post by fernando belair:

Tank Bag Electrification Incorporating Autocom, V-1 and Roady

#493732 - 26/04/05 01:40 PM

I installed my autocom pro unit under my seat on my R1100S over a year ago. I have never had any problems. Plus it gets pretty hot here in Sacramento during the summer months.

see this post by fernando belair:

Tank Bag Electrification Incorporating Autocom, V-1 and Roady

#493732 - 26/04/05 01:40 PM

Here's the link.

You shouldn't have any worries about having it in the tankbag. I run with the tankbag lid slightly unzipped so that I can get some cooling air in there, but I doubt it's absolutely necessary.

Archived