IGNORED

Multivario velcro on the tank

Red

I have a multivario bag on my 96 RT. The part that has velcro & attaches to the tank and zips to the tank bag has had it. Can I buy that part individually or does BMW expect me to purchase a whole new tank bag? I don't think regular hook and loop stick ons will do the job.

If any of U have sources for the one piece, I'd appreciate knowing a good source of supply.

DavidEBSmith

You can buy it separately, but the bad news is that it comes with the other half of the zippered part, and chances are you'll have to sew that onto the bag. Apparently the zippers they use over the years aren't interchangable, so if you replace one half, you often have to replace both.

Part number is 71 60 7 651 891 (probably).

I have a multivario bag on my 96 RT. The part that has velcro & attaches to the tank and zips to the tank bag has had it. Can I buy that part individually or does BMW expect me to purchase a whole new tank bag? I don't think regular hook and loop stick ons will do the job.

If any of U have sources for the one piece, I'd appreciate knowing a good source of supply.

If your looking for just the "velcro" then it's called Dual Lock and can be gotten at Target near their Hardware Dept. with the other adhesives and tapes.

Archived