IGNORED

original value of bike

wolcott

1)Does anyone care to give an educated guess on what a 1998 BMW R1100RT with ABS, heated grips, and 3 system cases went for when new? 2) I bought it this summer on the East coast of Florida with 18k for $7800. Thinking about it now, I think I paid too much, (was not much selection around here in lower part of Florida in my price range). Do you concur that I paid a premium for the bike? Thanks, Michael

1)Does anyone care to give an educated guess on what a 1998 BMW R1100RT with ABS, heated grips, and 3 system cases went for when new? 2) I bought it this summer on the East coast of Florida with 18k for $7800. Thinking about it now, I think I paid too much, (was not much selection around here in lower part of Florida in my price range). Do you concur that I paid a premium for the bike? Thanks, Michael

I bought my 98 RT in October '04 and paid $ 8300 for it with 3,800 miles on it from original owner and I think I got a fair price. New in 98 the bikes went for right around $ 16,000.....top case was included at times as an incentive, otherwise it was about $ 350 option. One thing I found is that the 1200 RT, which are twice as much eek.gif, aren't twice as fast, but they will depreciate at twice the speed of my RT wink.gif.......go figure. thumbsup.gif

BlueRidgeBoy

I bought a 1998 R1100RT with heated grips, three cases and dealer maintained with 36k miles in June 2005 for $8k. I had been looking for about a year in ON, ebay, ibmwr and the local paper and I think $8k was just right.

phoenixtexas

There are several online Kelly Blue Book and similar sites that will tell you exactly what your bike is worth, including options and accessories. They'll give you both the wholesale and retail prices. I used the Kelly site to negotiate recently for my R1100R.

Archived