IGNORED

Sequence to turn 2006 R1200RT headlight off

ChrisRappl

Could someone share the sequence that allows the engine to run with the headlight off? I will be attending a precision manuevering course next Saturday and I think it would be good to have the headlight off during the slow speed range exercises. Other than using the left directional switch to energize the parking lights, are there any other secret sequences that allow control of other aspects?

1) With or without the engine running, press and hold the blinker cancel button for 5 seconds, and then release it.

(2) Then press and hold the right blinker button for 5 seconds. The headlight will switch off.

The light will resume normal function the next time you start the engine.

I hope the above is correct - as I couldn't find the original thread.

) With or without the engine running, press and hold the blinker cancel button for 5 seconds, and then release it.

But with the key on, works with the ST and GS as well, the new R1200 series, that is.

How about a sequence that will park the throttle body stepper motors where they belong so that we can syncronize the throttle bodies ourselves?

I tested on my '05, and it worked! Thanks John for sharing it.

Chris,

Would you be able to tell me "energizing the parking lights" part a bit further? I couldn't find thread in this regard, and I'm very interested in those hidden features.

Thanks a million in advance!

How about a sequence that will park the throttle body stepper motors where they belong so that we can syncronize the throttle bodies ourselves?
You are right in that we need to figure it out. But on the other hand several of us have had good luck with syncing the bike with the steppers as-is. I'm not convinced it is 100% the right approach, but it does seem to work.

Thanks for sharing this. I would not have believed it would work but I tried it on my R1200RT and it worked. However, I think it was more like 4 seconds on the signal cancel switch and then maybe 2 on the right blinker switch when the headlight went off. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for sharing this. I would not have believed it would work but I tried it on my R1200RT and it worked. However, I think it was more like 4 seconds on the signal cancel switch and then maybe 2 on the right blinker switch when the headlight went off. thumbsup.gif
I finally go around to trying this several times yesterday. I held the cancel switch down for 5 seconds, then held the blinker switch and at almost exactly 5 seconds, the headlights would shutdown. (Note that I did this routine once the engine was actually running.) I also noted that the high beam could still be turned on and/or flashed so it's not like you totally lose your headlight capability until the next time your start the engine.

I've gotta think there are some more of these canbus "easter eggs" that just haven't been uncovered (outside of BMW) yet.

Archived