IGNORED

Which EZ Touring cover is right for my RT?

Jerry_75_Guy

My wonderful wife got me a EZ Touring 'Traveler A' cover

for Christmas, which was just what I wanted.

However, when I look on their website, they mention BMW's with

travel trunks under bikes using the 'Traveler A', and then

mention BMW RT under bikes that should use the 'Traveler B', ??

Which is the right sized cover fro my 2001 R1100RT when I have all my cases on?, or

does it even matter?

You'll probably want to stay with the "A". I have a "B" and its more like a half cover which I prefer because I don't normally have the bags or trunk on and I wanted it to pack down to fit into the glove box. I'm not sure it would fit properly over the trunk anyway.

I have a Traveler A which works just fine. It stores in the radio box great now that I've removed the radio. It covers the top case fine and with a little fussing it will cover the top halves of the side bags as well. I use two small bungies (which may have come with it). On the left side I bungie it to the loop on the side stand and on the right side to the brake lever. I wrap the bungie around the anchor point and bring the hook back up to the cover. Since the hook will not fit into the grommet, I loosen the hitch knot on the bungie and insert the hook into the knot. I've used mine for 5 or 6 years now without any problems.

just as an aside; if you have the large lids on your BMW hard-bags (as i do) the A cover will slide off of the hard bags and be rather loose on the bike. I still have not found the solution to this problem.

sdc

Thanks very much guys, I appreciate the input thumbsup.gif

Like the others - I have the "Traveller" A half-cover and it fits perfect with the large BMW top case. It works ok without the top case too.

Since I don't have the radio I'll start storing it there, should have thought of that myself, thanks for the tip George.

Like the others - I have the "Traveller" A half-cover and it fits perfect with the large BMW top case. It works ok without the top case too.

Since I don't have the radio I'll start storing it there, should have thought of that myself, thanks for the tip George.

Next question.. who has the best price for these covers? I have a Dowco "legend" half cover, but it isn't very waterproof so I'm looking to replace it. The E-Z website lists the Traveller for about $79.00. Does anyone know of a discounted source online?

Next question.. who has the best price for these covers? I have a Dowco "legend" half cover, but it isn't very waterproof so I'm looking to replace it. The E-Z website lists the Traveller for about $79.00. Does anyone know of a discounted source online?

Walt,

Try these guys: http://www.extragear1.com/

They have Dowco, CoverMax, and Nelson Rigg. The Nelson Rigg says 100% Waterproof with reinforced seems and also UV protection. I need a day cover myself and think I'll go with that one. Cheers.

Walt,

They have Dowco, CoverMax, and Nelson Rigg. The Nelson Rigg says 100% Waterproof with reinforced seems and also UV protection. I need a day cover myself and think I'll go with that one. Cheers.

Walt, Actually a few $$$ cheaper and in stock here:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com

Which was my first choice, but I didn't notice they also had Nelson Rigg, had only looked at the Dowcos there.

Thanks.. checked them out, but they don't carry E-Z covers. I've used both Dowco and Nelson-Rigg. The NR cover is a good one, but doesn't pack down quite as small as the E-Z Traveller. I currently have a Dowco Legend half-cover, but it doesn't really keep much water out.

Archived