IGNORED

odyssey and jump start terminals

wolcott

in the last couple of weeks, I had about 3 or 4 incidents where upon starting my '98 r1100rt with 18k the abs lights would start flashing alternately. I would shut off bike-wait about 30 seconds, and restart-the abs lights would then flash together. It only did it upon startup with engine running- if you just turned the key on and wait 5 seconds like I usually do before starting, the lights would flash in unison. I read a lot of the abs posts, and it seems like the battery is the likely culprit. I just had that damn left hand fairing off 3 weeks ago to put on a positive battery terminal extender kit from bmw so I could jump start it, if I ever needed it. There is a bmw gel battery in there with a jan. '04 stamp date on it. Anyhow, I ordered the pc680 odyssey battery and want to know: 1) If I order one of those copper brackets from west coast battery or somebody else (that is supposed to make a vertical installation easier), could I then reinstall my positive battery terminal extender onto one of these brackets in case the bike ever needs a jump? 2)If this is possible, should I order 2 of those brackets that make vertical installation easier-one to make the ground cable easier to attach, and one for the positive cable that the bmw positive battery terminal extender will attach to? Thanks, Michael

could I then reinstall my positive battery terminal extender onto one of these brackets in case the bike ever needs a jump?
Should work.
2 of those brackets that make vertical installation easier-one to make the ground cable easier to attach
You could but given how easy it is to grab a ground most anywhere, and safety procedures for jump starting any battery say to ground away from the battery, I doubt if I would bother for the ground terminal.

Archived