IGNORED

Elf highway pegs, reviews???

bross

My wife ordered a new RT to be delivered in March and she was looking at the Elf highway pegs. Has anyone used them? What would you recommend for highway pegs? Thanks.

They're good, but expensive. Well made, not clunky looking.

When closed, you can't tell that they're there.

Nicely integrated.

You can't rest your boots on top of them, to stretch even further. They'll close up.

I like mine thumbsup.gif

i like mine, bought them from this board for 200. in my opinion, the most i would have paid. for me, they are good for a stretch and short period, but i can't take the position for longer than about 10 min, but that usually gives me a good half-hour with feet on pegs.

hope this helps.

tom collins

My wife ordered a new RT to be delivered in March and she was looking at the Elf highway pegs. Has anyone used them? What would you recommend for highway pegs? Thanks.

They're the best, to my way of thinking. The one thing you DO have to pay attention to is that the aluminum BMW cylinder guards won't work. Others will, including the BMW plastic ones, and (I think) the ones Touratech makes for the R1200GS.

The Elf-pegs, as stated above, are by far the most 'sanitary' installation. They work well for me, providing the occasional relief I need for stiff thighs. I actually had them on both bikes, but the set I got for the GS had to go away when I added the alum. BMW valve cover guards to cover up a faux-pax my bike committed one day.

Get em! thumbsup.gif

I bought a used set on this site and like them. I don't use them a lot, but they do allow you to stretch and move into another position. You can get a nice breeze on a hot ride with your legs outside the fairing. If you have a throttle lock you can keep them closed until you need them by reaching down to open them. I don't use them if I am traveling at a hight rate of speed since having your legs hang outside of the RT's body work really disrupts the airflow. Happy Holiday's!

Thanks everyone, guess I'll order a set. Thanks for the tip on the engine guards, we were going to order the BMW plastic guards, so we should be good to go in March.

I like the looks and installation of the Elf. But I haven't sprung for them yet. I got that short inseam disease - like 27" in my boots. When I sit on the bike and stretch my legs towards the front of the cylinders, they barely make it. Would appreciate other's opinions. Thanks.

Archived