IGNORED

oil filter wrench

Lawman

There is a nice metal one from Al Jesse (of Jesse bags fame). it's $30-40. A guy on advrider makes them too.

Or motobins.co.uk has a plastic one that's $5 or so.

Unlike the 1100/1150 engine, the 1200 engines oil filter is not completely recessed, but hangs just slightly below the sump. There is no need to buy an expensive cup type filter wrench. I use an $8.00 metal strap type oil filter wrench from NAPA (or Pep Boys or Advance Auto or etc.) It works very well, don't waste your money on an expensive tool that is just not necessary. The metal strap wrenches come in several sizes (diameters) so bring your new filter to the parts store with you.

Unlike the 1100/1150 engine, the 1200 engines oil filter is not completely recessed, but hangs just slightly below the sump. There is no need to buy an expensive cup type filter wrench. I use an $8.00 metal strap type oil filter wrench from NAPA (or Pep Boys or Advance Auto or etc.) It works very well, don't waste your money on an expensive tool that is just not necessary. The metal strap wrenches come in several sizes (diameters) so bring your new filter to the parts store with you.

Thanks for the info! I was actually logged in to the Motobins site and about to order their wrench! Hand't actually stuck my head underneath to see if it was exposed, just assumed it would be housed as it had been on my K1200GT (which of course, wasn't the right size for this job!).

Thanks for your post.

Archived