IGNORED

$264.55

Lawman

is what my 600 mile service cost today..I'd be interested in knowing what others have paid for their initial 600 mile service for their R1200RT. Thanks...

is what my 600 mile service cost today..I'd be interested in knowing what others have paid for their initial 600 mile service for their R1200RT. Thanks...

I wish I was paying for my 600 mile service! My RT is stuck in my garage with 100 miles on it and there's no sign of the snow and ice subsiding enough to ride anytime soon!

Interesting that some dealers included the 600 mile service free. Was that bargained at time of sale, or automatically offered by the dealer?

But, it'd be a little hard to ride at the moment as the whole fairing is off, as well as the tank to install the wiring harness for my Motolights, GPS, tank bag power, and Autoswitch to turn the Motolights on and off without using the Motolight rocker switch. Got it all working last night, now to button it all back up tonight. Then we get to start on my friends RT and do it all again! I will say that the BMW shop manual on CD paid for itself on this project! We brought a laptop right out to the workbench and it solved many a question in short order.

On a 12GS, so no tupperware, I spent $207 for my 600 mile service at 1000 miles.

No problem with the dealer, but I will do all my own maintenance from here on out. Unless it it warranty work, of course.

Jim cool.gif

My 600 miler was free as part of the negotiated deal last May. I also bought the bike below MSRP and a discount on everything in the store for a year and more if certain criteria are met.

In the UK 1st the service on all vehicles is always free, except for the oil. I think that this is because it is the only mandatory service (for safety checks etc) and therefore consumer legislation forces that it be 'free'. Of course all that happens is that the pre-delivery inspection and 1st service costs are added to the resale price of the vehicle, but it still feels 'free'.

Cya, Andy thumbsup.gif

Free from the dealer,always thrown in. I mentioned this once before, but when I went to check out and they told me it was free (as it had been on my former bike), I thought I should at least pay for the oil, but they would not hear of it.

I'm about to find out for myself. 600 mi. just around the corner. I didn't even think about it at time of the deal; do busy asking for accessories.... cool.gif

Hopefully they treat me right since I've purchased a few bikes from them.

None of you would want to come to New York City or Long Island for service I can tell you that. I paid $422.99 for my 600 mile service for my 05 RT. After hearing the price I almost passed out. I called the other large BMW dealer in New York City and they quoted the same price.

Labor was $327.25, parts were $62.15, and sales tax was $33.59.

Charges for labor were:

Pre Service Road Test/Warm-Up .25 hours

600 Mile Service 3.50 hours

Major Frame Fastner Torque Check .50 hours

4.25 hours total @$77.00 per hour

In New York they get you coming and going. tongue.gif

Charges for labor were:

Pre Service Road Test/Warm-Up .25 hours

600 Mile Service 3.50 hours

Major Frame Fastner Torque Check .50 hours

4.25 hours total @$77.00 per hour

Not that takes balls to charge you to ride your bike for you. And they charged you full shop rate rather than a reduced rate for an assistant. Cheers, Jerry

Exploreinman

I live in Evans, GA and we have no dealership here so I have to travel for service. I'm surprised at the different prices I found for service as I've called different dealerships. TourSport in Greenville, SC is the closest to me at 95 miles and they charge $365 for the 600 mile service. Blue Moon in Atlanta is 150 miles away but charges only $220 for the same service. I'll be heading to Atlanta!

Good Riding...

Archived