IGNORED

RT TankBag

Exploreinman

Having purchased my new R1200RT a week ago, I must say good bye to my beloved Marsee tankbag and find another. Are there any other tankbags out there that I should look at other than the BMW bag?

Thanks,

I'm running one of the Tour Master Super Mini bags ($50.00) While I would like one a little bigger I can't run the BMW bag. It's just too huge for me and it's just one gigantic pit with no pockets or dividers. The mounting system is sweet though thumbsup.gif The straps aren't as convenient but there really not hard to use. I just disconnect the left front one and let the bag hang off the right side while re-fueling.

supermini_strap.jpg

Buy the BMW Bag and save yourself the trouble of buying a cheaper one now and then buying the BMW one later. dopeslap.gif

It`s a great bag. you wont be sorry. thumbsup.gif

Someone makes one that bolts to gas tank,with spacers, then it will flip up when you refuel, saw it in ohio, should have bought it then, has 2 or 3 sizes of bags you can pick from. sorry can't remember who makes it, as soon as i find it again, I wiil buy one. They had one installed on a R1200RT.

Got my new RT this week with the BMW tank bag. I have not been big on tank bags before but this one is nice. It removes so easily and while riding I don't even realize it's there. Big enough to hold all the esentials like garage door opener, cell phone etc. This one is a keeper.

Dennis clap.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Having purchased my new R1200RT a week ago, I must say good bye to my beloved Marsee tankbag and find another. Are there any other tankbags out there that I should look at other than the BMW bag?

Thanks,

It may be too late, but Touratech has just announced a line up of stuff for the R1200RT, including several tank bags.

Check it out here.

Here's a pic of their biggest (and most expensive at over $300.00) one:

01-055-1150-0_I_01.JPG

I put a wolfman exlorer or enduro tank bag on. It is small and has 4 straps so stays in place. The advantage is that it doesnt cover up the gas cap so I can fill up without having to remove it. The larger BMW tank bag took up too much room for me.

I'm running one of the Tour Master Super Mini bags ($50.00) While I would like one a little bigger I can't run the BMW bag. It's just too huge for me and it's just one gigantic pit with no pockets or dividers. The mounting system is sweet though thumbsup.gif The straps aren't as convenient but there really not hard to use. I just disconnect the left front one and let the bag hang off the right side while re-fueling.

supermini_strap.jpg

I bought the BMW bag...now I have the same one that David has, its very cool and small enough to stuff in one of the side cases. The BMW bag is way to easy to steel and to large to carry around. The straps are slightly more inconvenient but thats ok, Slightly more of a deturent than lifting the handle and walking away with BMW bag.

Archived