IGNORED

Mobil 1 Gear Trans Oil

derailment

Anyone have any recommendations on whether or not to go with Mobil 1 for my differential and transmission fluids? I've heard (on other forums (fora?)) that switching to Mobil 1 has helped shifting/shifter feel.

I haven't tried Mobil 1 but I have used Amsoil 75/140 synthetic in my transmission's for a long time (over a dozen BMW's......K's & Twins but mostly twins). It made quite a difference. The bikes have all shifted much easier/smoother.

I have read where other riders have tried different brands of synthetic gear oils............ some with good results.......some with no improvement.

I have an 1100Rt and changed to Redline Heavy Duty Shockproof for my trans and rear drive at 10Kmiles. I justed changed it again yesterday.

I like everything about it over the stock fluid that was in it. Others on this site run it as well, from what I read all of us are Happy Riders. smile.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

I use the Mobil 1 gear lube, full synthetic 75w140 on my 1100S and I am more than satisfied. I actually improved fuel consumption by nearly 2 mpg in addition to better shifting. Shifts like buttah now.

I fully endorse synthetic tranny oil. I first put it in my Guzzi LeMans and noticed better shifting and less rolling resistance on coast down. I have run Mobil 1 in the engine in this bike since breakin. My Guzzi motor still is running well with 53,000 miles on it. The Mobil 1 tranny lube wasn't available for many years I have run the bike, so I used Amoco Ultimate until the Mobil 1 became available. I tried the Mobil 1 tranny oil when it became available and was so disappointed with the shifting that I drained it out and went to Kendal synthetic as I now can't get the Amoco locally. The Kendal had the same color (dark orange) and smell of the Amoco that I had good results from. I use a lot of Mobil 1 products, but for some reason unknown to me their gear lube doesn't seem to stack up.

Archived