IGNORED

Thank You Randy Rabalais (beemerboy) for the 2012 Un in Salida

EffBee

I wanted to start this thread in the Un XI forum. But I knew I'd be archiving that forum and starting a new forum for Un XII. So I'm doing it here because those who step forward to organize an Un should receive as much thanks as possible.

The Un Xi in Salida, Colorado, would not have taken place if not for Randy Rabalais, aka beemerboy. Randy stepped forward and with help from his lady, Deb, and others I hope he'll name, turned the Un in Salida into a great event. The location (a privately owned motel on a street full of motels) was absolutely ideal. The owners a joy to work with. The prices reasonable. The accommodations clean and crisp. And he himself so wonderfully represented us to the Salida community that we got the Mayor and the head of the county's Boys and Girls Club (to whom our group made a generous donation) to join us for our group dinner.

Randy, you did an amazing job. Thank you, Deb and your entire team for a great event. Not only do we want to go back to Salida some time in the future, but they WANT us to come back and have asked us to do so. THAT is organization, politicking, PR and promotion all rolled into one.

Well done. Thank you from all of us.

Yes indeed! THANK YOU RANDY et al! It was a great meeting you and others in the beautiful mountains of Colorado.

coloradoun72012036.jpg

And he himself so wonderfully represented us to the Salida community that we got the Mayor ... to join us for our group dinner.

Janet had a long chat with the mayor and was very impressed, she gave him several pointers on places he didn't know about where he can apply for grants to continue his work for the city.

And he himself so wonderfully represented us to the Salida community that we got the Mayor ... to join us for our group dinner.

Janet had a long chat with the mayor and was very impressed, she gave him several pointers on places he didn't know about where he can apply for grants to continue his work for the city.

See, that's the kind of positive effect that endears us to communities in which we hold events. Well done, Janet.

THAT is organization, politicking, PR and promotion all rolled into one.

Well done. Thank you from all of us.

Amen! Thank you Randy and Deb and all others who made us look good and helped make UN-XI memories that will last and last! :clap:

Great job Randy.

Seems as if we both got too busy to attend to various activities we had talked about. Perhaps at some future event we can sit down, relax and enjoy the time.

Your work paid off. Thanks again.

Yes it was a great location and I enjoyed every minute. Thank you, thank you so much for making my first UN an unbelievable experience through such a beautiful state. Not to mention meeting and having many great conversations with new friends and fellow riders. :clap:

Aw, shucks .

Those of you who attended the event already heard me sing the praises of the many fine folks on this site who stepped forward to volunteer. Some folks PM’d me to volunteer, some walked up to me at the Un and simply asked what they could do to help. Regardless of how they stepped forward all were responsible for making this year’s Un the success that it was.

I’d like to recognize the following volunteers so that the entire BMWST community can appreciate their efforts:

Sagerider, DRSwift, and MattVstrom – past UnRally organizers, for their counsel;

Roadscholar, OopezoO – planners of the paved and DS routes;

Killer – registration site guru and money launderer;

Mrs. Hopz, Mr. & Mrs. Caddis, Whip, Laney, KathyR – for lending their mad art skilz to develop the rally logo;

Laney – the nametag lady who came up with the design, layout, and production (and saved us $$);

Whip – T-Shirt advice and production, was also a fountain of wisdom about everything from A to Z. When he wasn't stealing KTM parts off other bikes, Whip procured large containers of adult beverages and left them around the patio for all to partake. ‘Nuff said;

Mr. & Mrs. Caddis, MarkGoodrich, Bob_Sheehan, Blaisew, Kathy R, Ron_B, Highway41, Killer, Mrs. Whip – for staffing the registration table and handling all the little things that needed to be done;

Fernando Belair – the ultimate volunteer and all previous site owners who have worked hard to keep the lights on;

Site Mods and Admins – for their year-round tireless efforts to keep this joint runnin’ and to make it a civil place to hang out;

Deb – sweetheart, drinking & riding buddy, who serves as a constant reminder of the saying “Behind every great man there is a great woman.” I’m not so sure about the former but I’m positive about the latter. Deb provided expert guidance, served as a sounding board, and worked nearly every minute of this event from the very first day in early November, 2011, to make this year’s Un a success.

And finally a big “THANK YOU!” to all attendees. The Gateway Inn’s owners came to me during the Un and remarked at how pleasant everyone was and to let me know that their other guests were equally impressed with us. They love us and they want us back!

Ride safe, ya’ll, we hope to see you at the next Un!

Sagerider, DRSwift, and MattVstrom – past UnRally organizers, for their counsel;

Correction: I meant to write Matt_12GS.

IMHO it was one of the best events BMWST has ever had.

I hope Randy and Deb will allow me to buy em dinner at Cafe Diablo next month.

:clap:

IMHO it was one of the best events BMWST has ever had.

I hope Randy and Deb will allow me to buy em dinner at Cafe Diablo next month. :clap:

Thanks, Whip. And yes, we're on for dinner!

Having just arrived home after thirty days, let me add my thanks to Randy -- and crew -- for a job very well done.

Archived