IGNORED

A bit of video from the Un Rally

LeighAnderson

LeighAnderson

My camera wasn't working quite right for the best parts of my rides, but here is some video nonetheless.

The video has been speeded up 4 times to reduce monotony while still giving a flavor of the country.

Begins with a segment of Colorado County Road 11 north of Canon City, where it breaks off from CO 9. Open country, gentle sweeping curves.

Around 2:55 the scene changes to the road leading south out of Ouray, the first section of the Million Dollar Highway.

Music: "Folia", anon. from 1452, performed by harpist Becky Baxter.

That County Road 11 looks similar to CO 9, which we really enjoyed. The Million Dollar Highway is one we've still not done, but would like to.

Thanks, Leigh. :thumbsup:

Like the music, like the harpist, like the video. Don't like the northern section of 550.

Bill

Like the music, like the harpist, like the video and "like" the northern section of 550, however, don't like the traffic 550 seems to always have.

Like the music, like the harpist, like the video. Don't like the northern section of 550.

Bill

Like the music, like the harpist, like the video and "like" the northern section of 550, however, don't like the traffic 550 seems to always have.

Hi Doc. Hope the eulogy went well.

The section of 550 south of Ouray lost appeal when I saw the rusted hulk of a car/truck down in the gorge. Straight down.

Bill

LeighAnderson
You sure that video was speeded up?? Looked pretty normal to me... :rofl:

I wish! I might have been doing a bit better in real time, but I was stuck behind two convoys of slow moving jeeps that made no attempt to accomodate passing vehicles. I omitted my final exasperated pass of the column to avoid setting a bad example for other riders.

My camera wasn't working quite right.
Your Camera worked for me it was the next best thing next to being there. Thanks for sharing.

'The video has been speeded up 4 times to reduce monotony while still giving a flavor of the country."

Looked normal to me. :rofl:

Great stuff. I also checked out your video of the mule ride in the canyon. Very nice. One place I have always wanted to visit. Hopefully I'll make it out there one day!.

LeighAnderson

Thanks all. If you do the mule ride you have to reserve a year in advance on the first day the reservations open each month for Phantom Ranch. Very difficult to secure. There is also a mule day ride that doesn't go to the bottom but is easier to reserve.

FYI my remarks on my GoPro camera not working right: the camera was fine but there was condensation inside the case that obscured the video after about 30 minutes of recording. That was my fault for using the underwater case instead of the normal vented one. I thought I was being clever, with maximum protection from Colorado rain. Not.

Archived