IGNORED

UN RALLY CHECK IN THREAD

Kathy R

So what was Jacqueline doing in the mensroom of the Boathouse with Roadscholar??????

What I was wondering! :grin:

**   Chris   **

I made it home. I took a detour through Marble Falls to have lunch with my daughter Erin and brother Randy.

I now have my first UnRally under my belt.

I enjoyed meeting and riding with everyone.

Siman00, too bad I was not with you, could have told them some stuff. Probably same LEOs I dripped water all over from the bathroom in that cafe with my water collar. But that was like a week ago.

My son and I left the Gateway Inn just before Larry and Louise on Saturday morning. We had one more great ride (thanks to Whip for the route suggestion!) taking the GSA back to House of Motorrad in Boulder. We transferred our gear from the bike to my car, and headed east. It took a while before I finally stopped trying to wave at oncoming motorcycles from the car--my left arm smacking into the the door. Stopped in Grand Island, NE Saturday night. We rolled into the Twin Cities around 7 PM today.

Thanks to Randy and his wife for putting this together and roadscholar for the fabulous routes. We had a blast! :grin: (x2)

So what was Jacqueline doing in the mensroom of the Boathouse with Roadscholar??????

What I was wondering! :grin:

I was wondering the same thing?

Edited by JustJean

I now have my first UnRally under my belt.

I enjoyed meeting and riding with everyone.

Great to meet you and ride with you, didn't know this was your first?

Edited by JustJean

Siman00,

Well you certainly get the award for most interesting check in.

Glad you are okay and things turned out the way they did. Have a safe trip the rest of the way home.

Hi Guys,

I finally got in at 12:15pm Mon. Had a little problem in Beaver, Utah. Rented a u-haul truck and went to Twisties & Bullets'. Many heartfelt thanks to them for the use of their truck and trailer.

I had a great time, great to see all of you again. Where we going next year? Oh, Sagerider, I never realised I looked so much like Whip :wave:

Gar

BeniciaRT_GT

Her proxy was there, that was enough...

Oh, Sagerider, I never realised I looked so much like Whip :wave:

Gar

:dopeslap::dopeslap::dopeslap::dopeslap::dopeslap::dopeslap::dopeslap::dopeslap::dopeslap::dopeslap:

Oh wait a minute....

That's what got me in trouble in the first place :P .

Apologies to Gar and Whip individually and collectively....

Brain going back in pickle jar now...

PhillyFlash

You mean to tell me that Whip and Sage Rider aren't the same person.

(Oh, I'm gonna get it for that one.)

HOME with a dog snuggling at my feet. We had a great and easy drive from Grayslake IL today. The Mighty Buick is the bomb!!

What a joy to travel and see ya'll. :wave: HUGS XO

Home today around 2 PM after a nice four day ride home. Nasty T-Storm around Lordsburg NM after dark. From there on, HEAT, and clear sailing.

Thanks to all for a great rally!

Home this afternoon about 5:40. A long, hot, sweaty ride (Jane was comfortable in her air-conditioned car)!

Thanks again to Randy and the others for their efforts.

Just rolled in after an 800 mile day from Idaho Falls. No handcuffs (wow!). What an adventure......my first two wheeled performance award :-(, Bear Tooth Pass, Chief Joseph Hwy both directions and a LOT of raim. Today, outside of Winnemucca going GPS verified 92MPH UPHILL.......I got passed by and elderly woman IN A PRIUS!!!!! I knew at that moment that my adventure was truly over. Anyway, safely back bome. Thanks Mr & Mrs. Beemerboy for a great UN and thanks to any and all who helped out. It was truly great to see everyone.

I hit rain everywhere from Paonia, Co to Cody, Wy, Red Lodge, Mt, Bear Tooth Pass, Chief Joseph Hwy, through Yellowstone and on to Idaho Falls. Then......the heat came back. B!tch, b!tch, b!tch, huh? What a great ride it was :thumbsup:

LeighAnderson

Back home on Monday. Ken Webb & I rode from Salida over Million Dollar Highway, down US 191 through Hannagan Meadow and the Devils Highway, then back to Houston. Here are some iPhone snaps of our rides.

Photos of Salida Un rally

This links to my Facebook, and anyone is welcome to add me as Friend. I really enjoyed meeting some of you and hope to attend more events.

Leigh Anderson

malcolmblalock

Home this afternoon. Happy to report no more visits with the law; no handcuffs; no hassle.

Home sweet home!

roadscholar

Got in late last night. Colette and I hung around until Monday afternoon and got in a few more days of exploring, on the gurly bike. Will get some photos, eventually...

We had a great time, riding, making some new friends, and seeing old ones. Big kudos to Randy and Deb, they made it all look easy, I'm sure it wasn't.

Thanks to Keith for burning the midnight oil the weeks prior, getting the routes out and translating into directions. Also thanks to Tewks for following me 15 or 20 miles back over Monarch Pass w/flashers going while I nursed a rear flat at 20mph back to camp, one cowboy trucker gave us a fairly big wake up call : )

Thanks to Bob and Eddd for moving and storage, and thanks to Kathy for driving Nigel and her paper butt 4000 miles to give everybody a big hug, wouldn't have been the same otherwise.

The B.C. crew checking in.

Other than one new tire needed in Salt lake, one with a patched flat on Independence Pass that made it home by adding air every 100 miles and my rear tire on the cords at 5k miles arriving home all is good and all is well. Yeah Russ, the Bridgestone 023GT rear only goes 5,000 miles!!!!

Good to see and meet the new, meet the familiars and others in Colorado. Hugs to Cathy and Raaan.

Gosh darn now I'm getting gushy, time to sign off....

Thanks to Randy (FB)et al for all the work involved. Great job, great location .......

Cheers

Just arrived home at 6 pm, chased by T'storms about noon for the past 10 days. Left CO via La Sal and Paradox, beautiful ride, then through Monument Valley today.

Thanks Randy and Deb for all the work.

Great Rally. Susan and I are home in Michigan, and Glen checked in from Quebec. Dogs are happy to have us back, and Susan is resting her ankle. See you all again.

PhillyFlash

Still home without my RT. Thought I was going to fly back to Denver this weekend, but the bike is not ready. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

PhillyFlash

I know. It's not every day we get to ride in 113 degree heat in Arizona. By the time I get my bike, it may be up to 115. Now that's hot.

PhillyFlash

Good news! Kudos to both Foothills BMW in Lakewood, CO, and to Western Service Contract (McGraw Group), which is my extended warranty company. Western found what they believed were very low mileage, like new, parts to use on my bike, which is what is stated in my contract that they can use. When the parts arrived at Foothills, the service department guys were concerned about the way the parts looked, and did not want to put them on my bike. After sending Western photos and a description, and having a couple of phone conversations, Western agreed they were not of the quality that they were told, and they didn't want them put on my bike, either. After considering various options, Western decided that the best thing was to order and install new parts. If everything is in-country, they should have all the parts next week, and my RT should be ready the week after.

Again, thanks to Western and to Foothills BMW for working together to get this resolved. I'd recommend both of them.

Way to go Howie! Good you are not coming home with it now. My ipad says it is going to be 121° on Saturday and only 119° Sunday! :Cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Home! Finally!!! Only took me 4 weeks, 4 days, 8 hours, and 30 minutes, which is only 4 weeks and 4 days longer than I anticipated. But the bike and I are home, which ends this "interesting" experience, and closes out UnRally 2012.

Performed flawlessly. Changed final drive fluid when I got home and it was pretty good. Now I don't have to drop the final drive to drain it. And, I have a two year warranty on all replaced parts and labor. All is good.

Repair cost was $3700 in parts, $800 in labor, $4500 total. Western Service Warranty (McGraw Group) cost me about $1100, but it varies from dealer to dealer and bike to bike. They really were pretty good to deal with, and Foothills BMW said that they were very agreeable to using all new parts when very good condition used parts weren't available. I spoke to the claims adjuster several times, and it always was positive. If anyone is looking for an extended warranty, I recommend them highly based on my experiences. They've never turned down a claim from me. I also was very pleased with Foothills BMW in Lakewood.