IGNORED

What's the easiliest way to hook up a battery tender?

Willie

Bought a Battery Tender Jr and have it now hooked up to my CBR. Read my Odessey battery in the RT and it's at 75%. Only problem is I can't get to the + terminal to hook up. With the stock battery that had the post sticking up, I would wedge a screwdriver between the terminal and the rubber seat bracket and hook the gator clip to that. Not sure if it was really safe to do, but have never had any problems crazy.gif Anyway, how do you guys hook yours up? Thanks, Terry

use the crew driver method. has worked for me. crude but effective. i'll let others talk about the elegant methods > dash power adapter, pig tail to battery, new style rt post adapters.

I've got mine plugged into an accessory outlet via a Powerlet adapter. The + terminal extender on the battery and - terminal extender on the left jug are for jump starting.

I've got mine plugged into an accessory outlet via a Powerlet adapter.

I use mine the same way. Simply cut off the ring terminals from the Battery Tender's pigtail and add a Powerlet adapter. Then you can charge the battery through one of the two power outlets below the seat. The low power output of the Battery Tender will not damage the bike's electrical system. However, I would definately not rapid charge or jump start the bike using this method.

Hope this helps.

GW

I've got mine plugged into an accessory outlet via a Powerlet adapter.

I use mine the same way. Simply cut off the ring terminals from the Battery Tender's pigtail and add a Powerlet adapter. Then you can charge the battery through one of the two power outlets below the seat. The low power output of the Battery Tender will not damage the bike's electrical system. However, I would definately not rapid charge or jump start the bike using this method.

Hope this helps.

GW

Who has the powerlet adapters? Are they expensive? Thanks, Terry

The + terminal extender on the battery and - terminal extender on the left jug are for jump starting.
His '02 RT doesn't have those.

I know, but Bill mentioned them. They can be used for battery charging, but the accessory outlet is easier.

I bought the basic Powerlet plug from my BMW dealer for $8.

Archived