IGNORED

Where Art Thou?

TEWKS

I'm rolling out Friday morning. How about posting your approximate location at the end of your day's travels?

Pat

I'm rolling out Friday morning. How about posting your approximate location at the end of your day's travels?

Pat

Should be in W. Yellowstone early on the 19th.

Bring beer.

Ride safe Pat.

Glen arrives on Saturday. We leave Monday for Wisconsin. Follow the Great River Road to Hannibal. Then rte 94 to 50 and into Sedalia, MO for the MOA. We will leave there on Sunday taking 50 to Salida on Monday.

Ready to be on the road!

Paul Mihalka
Glen arrives on Saturday. We leave Monday for Wisconsin. Follow the Great River Road to Hannibal. Then rte 94 to 50 and into Sedalia, MO for the MOA. We will leave there on Sunday taking 50 to Salida on Monday.

Ready to be on the road!

I wrote up my favorite route through Kansas a few weeks ago. I would avoid Dodge City by all means, specially in July. You can smell a million cows.

If I would ride from Paonia CO to Sedalia I would do this: rt. 133 and 92 to rt. 50 Gunnison. Stay on rt. 50 to Garden City KS. Pick up rt. 156 and 56 to Great Bend/McPherson, continue to I35. Find your way around the south of Kansas City, Harrisonville MO, and you are in Sedalia. I find this not much longer and not much slower then all I70 and all the trucks etc. It is still Kansas...

Just do it in reverse.

WAVE as you fly past here tomorrow morning or STOP IN! PM sent. I'll be in the front yard all day, tending a yard sale.

Thank you very much Kathy! I'm riding with a Harley buddy out to Cleveland, wouldn't want to bring down property values. :grin:

Pat

Bike is packed and ready for early departure tomorrow from NE-Fl.

On my way to the MOA and then on to the UnRally. :-))

malcolmblalock

Leaving central NC Tuesday morning for MOA in Missouri. Then on to the Unrally. Should be a great two weeks!

Cleveland tonight. Computer trouble, may have to go off the grid so to speak. :/ Splitting with my buddy in the am, Michigan tomorrow night.

Pat

In Columbus, MS tonight, waiting for my ride partner to catch up with me. 680 miles of interstate (280) and back roads, including some back tracking.

I seem to have my computer back for now. This thread probably didn't happen without pics so... :)

Along M-22

IMG_4169.jpg

IMG_4171.jpg

Traverse City tonight.

Pat

I now know how Clark Griswold felt! :(

upperp047.jpg

The Mighty Mac.

upperp056.jpg

Don't look down!

upperp064.jpg

Stopped in Ashland WI, Hot Hot!

Pat

Stopped in NE Arkansas, found some great roads in Mississippi and eastern Arkansas.

Tomorrow I have planned to explore northern Arkansas, before heading to Sedalia, Mo for the MOA Rally.

Sad news, yesterday at a rest stop in Peebles,Ohio in route to the MOA I open a txt message from home. To find out My mother in law who is suffering from ALS was rushed to the hospital, not responding to medication. The doctors tell us she will pass shortly. I made the 600 mile trip home in just over nine hours and will remain at her side with my family. I will truly miss you all, carve a few corners for me and remember "waste no curve"

Sorry to hear that Ray, but completely understand. Colorado will still be there when the timing is right. Take care, hope to see you next time around.

Sad news, ....My mother in law who is suffering from ALS was rushed to the hospital, not responding to medication. The doctors tell us she will pass shortly.

So sorry to hear this. Lost my younger sister to ALS 12 years ago after her 7 year battle with it. Good you will be there to support the family. We will all miss you at this year's UN!

If all quiets down perhaps you can consider coming down to the BMWST Fall Appalachian Riding Tour in October.

Yes, sad news Ray. Best wishes.

I'm in Billings, MT tonight after a 600 mile day from Calgary. The cool weather for the first 200 mi was welcome but the heat got turned on by Great Falls. Just in time to go through a nice cooling thundershower before the Kings Hill Scenic byway. But then I lost almost an hour with road construction delays along US 12 from White Sulphur Springs to Lavina.

On to the Little Bighorn Monument and Devils Tower tomorrow.

Mike Cassidy

Home tonight but Clinton Miss tomorrow, Plano Friday, Saturday at The Big Texan in Amarillo, and Salida on Sunday. Don't care about fires, sinkholes, or chipseal. I'm heading to Colorado.

Bill

Bike packed, going to bed. Plan on rolling out of the the driveway here in DC at 4:30 AM and arrive at the MOA Rally in MO by 9:00 PM. I am indeed excited to see all of you next week! :grin:

In Rapid City, SD tonight. It was a hot one today, but thanks to a cooling vest and Camelback-like device I survived. Noticed tonight my front Ohlins shock was leaking, hope it was just the heat. Getting new tires put on tomorrow and I'll have them have a peek at the shock too.

Mike Cassidy

roadscholar

Valdosta. Easy to tell by all the blue flashing lights. Maybe longest ongoing speed trap ever, at least 50 years, damhik.

Second day in Glacier. The Going To The Sun Road was closed until 2:30 this afternoon because of a landslide. I almost ran out of gas because I was in such a hurry to get up there after it opened. :dopeslap:

I think this may be the most beautiful place on earth!

IMG_4357.jpg

IMG_4384.jpg

IMG_4449.jpg

Heading south in the AM.

Pat

I'm sitting at home. I'm going to work in the morning to make "an appearance", then I'm on the road heading West. Can't wait.

In Prescott, AZ. If you ever stay here "The Motor Lodge" is, hands down, the coolest place to stay. You can get a private garage attached to your room, and there's awesome Mexican food across the street.

Bill and Gar pulled out at 6am this morning headed north. If they don't show up by Tuesday someone give me a call and I'll release the hounds. You all have fun and be safe. Big hugs headed your way. :wave:

Sad news, ....My mother in law who is suffering from ALS was rushed to the hospital, not responding to medication. The doctors tell us she will pass shortly.

So sorry to hear this. Lost my younger sister to ALS 12 years ago after her 7 year battle with it. Good you will be there to support the family. We will all miss you at this year's UN!

If all quiets down perhaps you can consider coming down to the BMWST Fall Appalachian Riding Tour in October.

BMWST fall Appalachian Riding Tour, is becoming priority one when I get back to work. Securing dates etc etc.

Don't look down!

upperp064.jpg

Stopped in Ashland WI, Hot Hot!

Pat

Your photo sparked a memory of my trip this year. I purchased a camera (Swann HD sports) that mounts to your helmet and has a remote for video or snap shots the plan was to have a photo journal of this trip. 7 miles into the trip I got stop by the bridge and tunnel police and was forced at gun point (only kidding) no guns but I had to remove camera from helmet. Got chastised by two agitated officers about photographing tunnels and bridges a homeland security thing that never crossed my mind. I apologized to my fellow civil servants for my blatant disregard of the law as to photographing tunnels, reminded them that this was only a minor distraction of my day and they had to go back to work. :D

At the end of Day 1, i'm in Wadsworth, Ohio, luxuriating in the beautiful Holiday Inn Express. Tomorrow, it's on to Saint Charles, MO.

Home, in front of the computer

Likewise, Bob has to work Sat & Sun, Janet has to work Monday morning, we hope to leave at noon Monday.

Chico Hot Springs Resort tonight. Going through Helena this afternoon the GPS sent me looking for a restaurant that is now a bank. Thankfully next door was a place called Mama Knows What's Cookin'. Well, Mama was a very nice woman & she recommended this overnight. :thumbsup: Yellowstone tomorrow.

montana368.jpg

Pat

In Denver tonight. After spending yesterday afternoon arranging to have my shock serviced I went out for a late afternoon/early evening ride to Badlands National Park. Today left early to beat the crowds to Mt Rushmore and tried to go to Wind Cave NP but was turned away due to a very active forest fire in the area. Then on to Fort Laramie NHS. The rest of the trip to here was brutal; never dropped below 97 degrees, 20-30 mph headwind and an accident/construction near Fort Collins that added an hour.

Wish I could post pictures but my web server seems to be down.

Mike Cassidy

In Mancos, CO for the next two nights. Had a great ride through Jerome, AZ this morning (love that road!) and cruised through Monument Valley, UT.

Got a late start today. Kickstand up at noon. Stopped by to kiss Mom on my way out of town (good Karma) :thumbsup: Traffic through to Sacramento and beyond was heavy. Stopped at Cabelas for fun (and ammo) :grin: Camping at Lohontan Reservoir in Nevada tonight, Great Basin NP tomorrow night. Can't go too fast......I'm not due to be at Bullett and Twisties place until Sunday. I'm under the stars enjoying a Montefristo Habana and a glass of Cab. Life is good! Safe travels to all.......be in Colorado sooner or later :wave:

mnTwin and son are leaving the Twin Cities in an hour or so. First stop, the Black Hills. Tomorrow, State Forest State Park, CO. In Salida on Monday or Tuesday.

See you there! :grin: (x2)

Archived