IGNORED

Question on Shocks

AnRSguy

Here's a question for all the experts out there.

I have read many of the posts regarding aftermarket shocks and the benefits thereof.

I have been watching the classified on several BBS's, this one included and also eBay. Well, I got a great deal on a slightly used Ohlins rear, only $380 clap.gif. I have a '04 R1150RT with about 3200 miles.

Soooo, my question is this, is it ok to install only the rear, I know I SHOULD install both, but I only have the rear so far. Or is this NOT the thing to do, (polite way of asking is it stupid dopeslap.gif or dangerous crazy.gif).

Opinions please.

Bryant

russell_bynum

As long as you don't make major changes to the ride height, I don't see why you couldn't just go ahead and install the Ohlins rear with a stock front.

I've made the change that you describe without any adverse effects. I expect that the Ohlins rear and the OEM front will be compatible provided you don't have the Ohlins preload or damping in the extreme range.

Here's a question for all the experts out there.

I have read many of the posts regarding aftermarket shocks and the benefits thereof.

I have been watching the classified on several BBS's, this one included and also eBay. Well, I got a great deal on a slightly used Ohlins rear, only $380 clap.gif. I have a '04 R1150RT with about 3200 miles.

Soooo, my question is this, is it ok to install only the rear, I know I SHOULD install both, but I only have the rear so far. Or is this NOT the thing to do, (polite way of asking is it stupid dopeslap.gif or dangerous crazy.gif).

Opinions please.

Bryant

I saw that on Ebay. Sure wish that I had seen that a month ago dopeslap.gif I bought new ones for $1253 smirk.gif

If you check the adds on Ebay you will see that the front shock is also available at a very good price. Why not buy both? clap.gif

You can install one at a time with no adverse effects. However, you will notice how bad the OEM shocks actually are.

Keep in mind before purchasing (making bid) that you are getting the correct spring for your payload. I would e-mail the seller and ask him/her what spring is mounted on the shock. If you get the wrong spring, you'll be shelling out 175 bucks for the correct spring plus labor to install it, which would bring the price up to and above what you would have paid other wise.eek.gif

Archived