IGNORED

Gerbings Switch

Lawman

Earlier today as it started to rain I began to wonder if my on/off switch and system for my Gerbing jacket liner was suseptible to damage if it gets wet while being used. What's the wisdom of the Board? thx...

Probably not. In reality it is just a 120v lamp cord switch and is pretty robust and simple inside. It would take a lot of water, like submerged, before you would short it out. I suppose for to avoid long term corrosion of the contacts to wouldn't hurt to shake any water out of it at the end of the day.

I ride all the time in the rain, and Grebings in made here in the land of rain... I just had to replace a switch. Damm thing only lasted 9 1/2 years! You just can't get good parts that will last any more!! grin.gifgrin.gif

My switch is mounted on my bike... really its no worries!

I assume you mean the temp controller - Gerbing's claims and my experience has been that it will be fine in all weather. See here > http://www.gerbing.com/divmc/tempcontroller/port.html
Well he said "on/off switch" so I assumed he meant the large brown clunky on/off switch Gerbing sells.

Regardless I suppose, the on/off switch is pretty tough, and the variable temp controller is designed to be water resistant.

Archived