IGNORED

R1150RT Fuel Capacity?

Eschelon1

I'm still getting used to the new RT. BMW says the tank capacity is 6.6 gallons. I usually stop & fill up after the last fuel bar disappears off the RID and it's never taken more than 5.7 gallons.

Does anybody know what the useable capacity is? Am I pushing it if I try and get another .5 gal. out of the tank? Is it possible to increaser the useable capacity to get the full 6.6 gals.?

That is all.

confused.gif

By all accounts the capacity is indeed 6.6 gallons. For most, the light comes on with one gallon left, that is, at 5.6 gallons used. You have 35-40 miles left at that point, best case. Don't push your luck!

I'm still getting used to the new RT. BMW says the tank capacity is 6.6 gallons. I usually stop & fill up after the last fuel bar disappears off the RID and it's never taken more than 5.7 gallons.

Does anybody know what the useable capacity is? Am I pushing it if I try and get another .5 gal. out of the tank? Is it possible to increaser the useable capacity to get the full 6.6 gals.?

That is all.

confused.gif

I have rolled into a gas station under power and purchased 6.58 gallons without spilling any.

Of course, those last 20 miles were filled with anxiety.

Every mile post marker I would say to myself "O.K., I only have to walk 14 miles". "O.K., I only have to walk 12 miles", etc.

Don't push it. O.K.?

LOL, good story Bill! Reminds me of the many times I coasted into gas stations in my '66 VW microbus with the broken fuel gauge (as a teenager...).

I know when the trip gauge starts nearing 200 miles, it's time to gas up very soon!

WyreNut

Just be careful you don't run out of gas when "pushing" it. My bike stalled out just as I pulled up to the pump when I pushed it too far. Within a month the fuel pump craped out. The fuel pumps on most fuel injected engines don't like being run dry. Something about the gas cooling the pump moter.

Archived