IGNORED

Hells Kitchen for Lunch, Sunday

David13

Let's ride to Hell's Kitchen on Ortega, 74 between San Juan Capistrano and Lake Elsinore this coming Sunday, the 24th of June.

First take off will be Vermont & 223rd Street, parking lot.

9:00 a.m.

Next will be Chevron station, east side of 74, Ortega Hwy, and 5 Fwy at 10:15 a.m.

And Hell's Kitchen between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.

Thereafter whoever wants to ride whereever can plan and recruit followers.

Matts gone to the V Strom convention, so he won't be there.

We'll see who else shows up.

dc

Sorry, I can't make it. The SouthCoasters is having their annual picnic on Sunday. It's free to members whose dues are current.

I'll make the next one. Promise.

Let's ride to Hell's Kitchen on Ortega, 74 between San Juan Capistrano and Lake Elsinore this coming Sunday, the 24th of June.

First take off will be Vermont & 223rd Street, parking lot.

9:00 a.m.

Next will be Chevron station, east side of 74, Ortega Hwy, and 5 Fwy at 10:15 a.m.

And Hell's Kitchen between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.

Thereafter whoever wants to ride whereever can plan and recruit followers.

Matts gone to the V Strom convention, so he won't be there.

We'll see who else shows up.

dc

If you're meeting at the Chevron at Ortega & 5, wouldn't that be the WEST side of 74? Or maybe you meant on the east side of 5, since there is a Chevron just down the street from your meeting point (west of 5).

Either way, sorry to say, I can't make it. I'll be in Montana...

Looking at the street view in Google Earth, it appears there are TWO Chevron stations, BOTH of them are on the south side of Hwy 74 with one just East and one just west of the I-5 freeway.

I suspect the meeting will be at the one on the east side of the I-5.

Looking at the street view in Google Earth, it appears there are TWO Chevron stations, BOTH of them are on the south side of Hwy 74 with one just East and one just west of the I-5 freeway.

I suspect the meeting will be at the one on the east side of the I-5.

You suspect right... which is the right side heading East, on your right, not your left, but right. That's were they met the last time doing a Hell's Kitchen Ride, on the right.

Moreover, are you going? If you are will you be meeting at the Chevron?

That's right, the one on the east side.

We will sit out in the front row of outside seats. That way we can watch the parade go by.

Hells Kitchen is to the west of the lookout place, which looks out over Lake Elsinore.

dc

John, make up your mind.

Ally is going to the South Coasters where she should say hi to Geezer.

We have 6 confirmed so far. Who may bring at least 3 more with them. Or not.

And maybe Larry and Susan.

And who knows who else? Or maybe nobody shows.

It's either this or watch England and Italy.

dc

John, make up your mind.

Ally is going to the South Coasters where she should say hi to Geezer.

We have 6 confirmed so far. Who may bring at least 3 more with them. Or not.

And maybe Larry and Susan.

And who knows who else? Or maybe nobody shows.

It's either this or watch England and Italy.

dc

Remember when motorcycling used to be an activity in itself instead of just talking about motorcycling on the computer?

Sigh...

:P

No. When was that?

Have fun at the picnic.

dc

David - I wasn't being critical of the event you are organizing. I was more poking fun at LongJohn who couldn't seem to carve a little motorcycle time into his busy schedule. I know too well that, sometimes, it's easier to get on a forum and TALK about motorcycle rides instead of pulling out the OLRT and actually going for a ride. However, the therapudic effect of the latter is much greater.

Have a great ride today.

I know Bill.

But I must say the internet has helped me immensely at getting ideas where to ride, who to see when I get there, and reservations, and a 100 other things that make the ride, when I do get to it, much nicer.

I had two months out there on various rides last year, a good year. And only 3 weeks this year. Mexico and Yosemite. I can't complain about that. And I'm working on some more. Maybe later in the season, and maybe another ride to Cabo San Lucas.

That was one sweet ride.

dc

Archived