IGNORED

Wednesday Group Ride.

Whip

Everyone is welcome!

When I first starting going to BMWST events I looked forward to the group rides. In Death Valley it was the "Smell the Roses Tour" lead by Grey_Dude or in Torrey KMG365 would lead us up Sweeper and back through Fish Lake.

Sooooooooo.....this is a great way to meet some of our wonderful members, take some pix, learn some new jokes, tell a few lies, and with any luck somethin will happen so we can make fun of [insert name WHIP here]. *

There are so many great roads in Colorado I wanna show off a couple of my favorite. We will need to keep moving and not doidle. :grin:

I will be two up so my hoonin will be kept to minimum.

We will need to be moving by 8am.

Go over Independence Pass into Aspen.

The day that changed everything. Maybe my man Richard will join us.

77332839_ENbHx-L.jpg

Check out the views for about 20 minutes.

Prolly a gas stop in Aspen.

666874807_vtnSW-L.jpg

Lunch in Crawford, Paonia, or Hotchkiss. I am working on plan so we will be expected.

Go over to Highway 92 and ride the Black Canyon. Maybe pull out at one of the scenic overlooks.

77332912_uzYMU-L.jpg

77332905_95km4-L.jpg

Then take 50 back to Salida in time to get some Ice Cream.

300 miles...7 hours of riding time and three hours of stops puts us back by 6pm.

Screen-shot-2012-06-19-at-L.png

Who is in????

The memories will last forever.

I promise

:thumbsup:

* fixed it for you ;)

I'd love to, but I'll be picking my wife up at Denver International at 10:10 that morning. Have fun, though.

Dennis Andress

What's Richard riding these days anyway?

Sounds like fun. Let Laney and I kick it around a bit and I'll get back to you.

78129115_f7Gk4-M.jpg

Even though the start time is in the late morning it should be fun. Sign me up... unless the NEED to ride bites me at 5:00 am

... We will need to keep moving and not doidle. :grin:I will be two up so my hoonin will be kept to minimum.

Hmmmmm, where have I heard that before ... oh yeah, same guy said "don't worry, we won't see 100 today" :rofl:

Count me in.

OOOOhhhh, follow Whip on a twisty ride again? Should I bring the R1100S instead of the RT? Hmmm? Sounds like a good day......IN unless I get a better offer :thumbsup: or I'm suffering from a major hangover :P when the time comes.

+1

I'd love to go along, as long as you don't allow RevRay at anytime during the day to take the lead. :rofl:

That comment was sharper than serpents tooth. :lurk:

Missouri Bob

Well that pretty much decides which bike goes to the UN: not the Water Buffalo. However, even with my GS, I am likely to see tail lights disappearing into the distance.

I'll get over it.

Bob

What's Richard riding these days anyway?

Believe it or not... the GT! But I will have to admit Richard hasn't been on many rides this year (nor have I). Family has taken up a lot of our time, and traveling (not on the bikes). We are both looking forward :clap::clap::clap: to the UN and seeing everyone.

Whip, I'm sure Richard will want to come along on this ride... I may even make him ride two up! :thumbsup:

This is gonna be a lot of fun.

The man who is always, "In Search Of".....Steve Carr (AdventurePoser) will be leading the ride and I will be riding sweep with Mrs Whip(pillion) camera ready with an itchy finger.

I have a nice place picked out for lunch.

All we need now is some good weather.

:clap:

Karen and I would like to join if you still have room! Looking forward to it.

The more the better.

Looking forward to making some new friends and kicking some old ones in the shins.

markgoodrich

The more the better.

Looking forward to making some new friends and kicking some old ones in the shins.

I'll try to keep up.

The more the better.

I'll try to keep up.

Guard your shins

markgoodrich

So, I have a question about the UN: it's scheduled for Tuesday through Friday. Do people hang around through the weekend? If not I might run up to Estes Park and hike for a couple, three days.

So, I have a question about the UN: it's scheduled for Tuesday through Friday.

Its actually scheduled from Tuesday - Thursday. I can't speak for anyone else obviously, but I'm heading back East at O'dark thirty Friday morning.

So, I have a question about the UN: it's scheduled for Tuesday through Friday. Do people hang around through the weekend? If not I might run up to Estes Park and hike for a couple, three days.

We will be arriving Saturday the 21st and leaving the 28th.

Gonna try to rent a house/condo/cabin for the time not at the event hotel.

Good idea. Go take a hike.

:lurk:

AdventurePoser

Hi Everybody, this is Steve who is always "In Search of." I'll be riding lead on Whip's chosen route..This is gonna be an easy ride, nice pace, and no one gets a speeding ticket (I hope.) If the weather closes us down, we can always head up to Lake City for ice cream, or Chama for sopapillas.

I will be two up as well (probably) and am looking forward to renewing old friendships, as well as making new ones.

See you in Salida!

Steve

Archived