IGNORED

Slop in Throttle

malcolmblalock

malcolmblalock

My 09 RT seems to have a lot of play in the throttle. I haven't measured it, but I seem to be able to rotate the grip a fair amount before there's a change in the engine speed.

I realize that some slop is necessary due to changing conditions (handlebar positions, temperatures, etc), but mine seems excessive.

How do you adjust the throttle cables to remove excess slop? I looked at the Rep Rom, but couldn't find any adjustment description in it.

Thanks for your help.

Evening siman00

Look in your Rep Rom again under "steering" then go down to "bowden cables" (click on that, then go over to the right& click on Repair Manual, then scroll down to replacing right throttle cable, then scroll down to adjusting the throttle cable.

Any questions you have on the procedure post back with them.

If you have cruise control you need to allow enough slack so you can roll the twist grip forward to cancel cruise control while riding.

malcolmblalock

DR, you did it again! I never would have thought to look in "Steering" to find this. With your instructions, it's pretty easy and simple to do. I've put the bike away for the evening, but will play with it tomorrow.

I don't usually reverse-twist the throttle to cancel the cruise control, but thanks for the reminder.

Thank you for your wisdom.

Archived