IGNORED

R12RT non-heated seat...heated?

bmwscoot

Hey,

I was getting my seats ready to send to Russell over the next few weeks for a belated Christmas gift. thumbsup.gif

clap.gifgrin.gif

As I was removing the front seat, I saw an electrical connector on the bottom of the seat, with wires heading into the seat foam.

The pillion seat does not have this feature.

Wassup?

My R-RT does not have the heated seat option...no wiring harness to seat, etc. But it seems that BMW used a heated seat up front anyway.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I have the same thing but I am sure it was switched by the dealer. The bike originally came with low seat option and he switched out to a regular seat for free. Your dealer probably did the switcharoo as well. I have wondered how expensive it would be to buy a switch and wire and make the seat functional.

First...

Sorry, I had a brain f*rt. This thing should have been posted under hexheads.

What a dope.

Anyway, I would assume that power to the heat element is all that is needed. My a** generally is hot enough, however! grin.gif

Leave it to you Jeff to somehow get a free heated seat! thumbsup.gif

Hey Ken,

I did not swap that seat with another before picking up my bike at the dealer...honest! grin.gifwink.gif

You live in Minnesota and you're questioning the value of heated seats!?! Gonin'a have to come up there and slap some sense into you! The cold's freezin' your brain waves already. And it's only December!

You live in Minnesota and you're questioning the value of heated seats!?! Gonin'a have to come up there and slap some sense into you! The cold's freezin' your brain waves already. And it's only December!

Must be the bean dip, but my a** stays perty warm!

You ain't bird-tudin' about the cold however. eek.gif

I believe my poor old brain was frozen many years ago. Why else would I stay in this God-forsaken place from November to April?

Hmmmm..I wonder if Russell does do heated seats. Research time, it's only money. grin.gifclap.gif

Archived